Help - In search of contractor in central NJ

Hi All,

As the title states, I'm in search of a good contractor to repair/replace my York central ac. The power company that I have a contract with did a diagnostic and recommended that the unit is not worth repairing. Thanks in advance! Great site by the way!

Couple jersey guys on here. One might be alng shortly.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I am across the Delaware from NJ and have a York as well. It developed a freon leak and the service guy came out with a new condenser and was going to put it on until he saw the "GREEN SLIME" now he says I need a complete new unit for big bucks. Is this real? I have not heard of it before. He has taken the unit apart so I have nothing but a shell now. What is "GREEN SLIME" ???

Well, he shouldn't have been putting a new condeser in unless teh indoor coil is a natch. That can void compressor warranty.
    Green slime is caused by the unit drawing air into it while running.
    Attempts to clean it out, are usually futile, and just as costly as replacing the system.
    Get other estimates.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

whereabouts in central nj, what county? what was the reason for not repairing the unit?
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

where in central jersey
    we are ocean and monmouth
    company site below

burlington and some of camden county here.

e-mail in profile

if it was the dreaded "worry free" contract get someone lese to look at it before you give up on it.

We are also in Ocean County. Post location.

I am in Somerset County, Bridgewater. True, I am not giving up on my unit just yet. I would like to have a second or third opinion. The guy from the power company said that I have a major leak somewhere and it would cost just as much to replace. My unit is approximately 12 - 15 years old.
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkie_clone View Post
    I am in Somerset County, Bridgewater. True, I am not giving up on my unit just yet. I would like to have a second or third opinion. The guy from the power company said that I have a major leak somewhere and it would cost just as much to replace. My unit is approximately 12 - 15 years old.
    Thanks again!
    Pinkie_clone-

Did you find a HVAC contactor? I am in a similar spot and interested in hearing about your experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by njduffer View Post
    Pinkie_clone-

Did you find a HVAC contactor? I am in a similar spot and interested in hearing about your experiences.
    So far I had Weltman's Plumbing and Heating come by twice. They are extrememly professional, encourage me to get other estimates, and very thorough.

Tomorrow morning I'll have Bill Leary coming over to do an estimate. They are already starting off on the wrong foot with me. They've pressured me twice to make up my mind once the estimate is given tomorrow. When I spoke with them they told me to get other estimates before they come over.

My school of thought is; If your prices are competitive and honest, why should you even worry. Secondly, if your services and products are superior, I don't mind paying a tad more.

I'll let you know what happens after Bill Leary comes.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkie_clone View Post

Tomorrow morning I'll have Bill Leary coming over to do an estimate. They are already starting off on the wrong foot with me. They've pressured me twice to make up my mind once the estimate is given tomorrow. When I spoke with them they told me to get other estimates before they come over.
    i would never let a company playing that game in my house to even quote a job.