Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 63

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,192

    I Enjoy A Good Beer With A Steak....

    So lets here it people!!!
    When you kick back on a hard days night what is your choice of beer??
    i have been taste testing for a while now, And i dont like to drink the same beer long. I like a beer with taste and hardly ever drink the regular bud/coors/miller type beers anymore. My recent is Hob-rue Hefe-Weizen. good wheat beer that goes great with a good grilled steak and potatoes

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    118
    Sam Adams Summer Ale.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by MONUMENT SPECLT View Post
    Sam Adams Summer Ale.
    I'm a big fan of the Summer ale. just had it over the weekend twice. once with some crab cakes... Another time at the Red robin eating some jerk Chicken

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    188
    sam adams summer ale is amazing

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    519
    A nice cold Newcastle.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BAYOU LAND
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by d_griff View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Summer ale. just had it over the weekend twice. once with some crab cakes... Another time at the Red robin eating some jerk Chicken
    we dont have them here but you are in Yuengling country
    I had alot of them at Brownies ? in Philly a couple of years ago
    also enjoyed cheesesteak at Geno's
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

    we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

    A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    2,986
    A fine cabernet, merlot, or red zinfandel must be enjoyed with a fine steak. Beer might be ok with round steak.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    429
    My favorite beer with a fat garlic-crusted ribeye is Cutthroat Pale Ale. It's pretty malty for a pale ale, but that's probably why it tastes so good. It's won a lot of awards.

    I don't know how available it is though, it's made by Uinta Brewery out of Utah.


    Henry Weinhardt's Hefeweizen is damn good too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Schoen View Post
    A fine cabernet, merlot, or red zinfandel must be enjoyed with a fine steak. Beer might be ok with round steak.
    After i get my next raise i may start drinking to your taste.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC2B View Post
    we dont have them here but you are in Yuengling country
    I had alot of them at Brownies ? in Philly a couple of years ago
    also enjoyed cheesesteak at Geno's
    Yeah but its like anything you can have, I'm sick of the yuengling
    I drink it once in a while. It is a good beer.

  11. #11
    I'm not sure theres a beer out there that I dont like.

    check out unibroue beers theyre fantastic. maudite slays.

    There are a few exeptional beers that really take my pallete away.
    The first is a flemish sour called Duchesse De Bourgogne. Its amazing.
    The second is an american IPA brewed by Bells called Two Hearted Ale

    I like to match up the irish red ales with grilled grub.
    smoked brisket
    grilled asparagus
    baked beans and couple killians i'm good to go!

    theres a compilation of beers at http://www.beerpal.com/Beer-Directory.htm
    my goal. to drink every one of them.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by creamnsugar View Post
    I'm not sure theres a beer out there that I dont like.

    check out unibroue beers theyre fantastic. maudite slays.

    There are a few exeptional beers that really take my pallete away.
    The first is a flemish sour called Duchesse De Bourgogne. Its amazing.
    The second is an american IPA brewed by Bells called Two Hearted Ale

    I like to match up the irish red ales with grilled grub.
    smoked brisket
    grilled asparagus
    baked beans and couple killians i'm good to go!

    theres a compilation of beers at http://www.beerpal.com/Beer-Directory.htm
    my goal. to drink every one of them.

    If you like IPA. Try DogFishHead.. They have a 60 minute and 90 minute. but they also have a 120 minute IPA.. goes for about 120 a case though

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    White Lake, MI
    Posts
    973
    I keep coming back to ice cold Rolling Rocks.

    I have found most craft beers to be too hoppy for my tastes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event