Thread: Warranty Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Warranty Questions

I purchased new furnace last winter, but did not have the AC done because it still works. So basically my hvac system is a loveable mutt -- new Trane furnace and an old Carrier AC. The new furnace is covered under the 10 year warranty.

Eventually I will get the AC replaced, and will likely get a Trane. My question is, how will the warranty(s) work? I assume I will have two -- one for the furnace, and one for the AC. Also, if the AC install is done by a different company, will they have to do the warranty work on the AC, while the furnace install company has to do the furnace work?

Post Likes
    You will have a separate warranty for the new a/c that will not affect the furnace warranty.

It may be a good idea to stick with the company that installed your furnace. Mainly because your a/c may not start because of an issue with the furnace control. You dont want to spend time figuring out who to call, and getting double billed for a service fee if your a/c goes out.
    White Bear Township, Minnesota
    www.summitheating.com

Post Likes
    As above. If you want to get an extended warranty on thr A/C, should be same company as furnace.

Post Likes
    Appreciate the responses -- very helpful.

So, is warranty work basically exclusive to the installing company? Can it be taken over by another company? Or is that a no-no?

Post Likes
    If its a Trane factory extended warranty, it can be transfered to another Trane dealer.
    If its a warranty by that dealer, nope.

Post Likes
    It's not a dealer's warranty -- hey, give me some credit, I'd have figured that out .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in