Thread: HELP with HVAC

HELP with HVAC

i have a brand new house 1st and only owner.
    i had it for 2 years, and my a/c is cold but not as cold as i think it should be.

i think i need puron, its a carrier hvac.
    what to check for if my a/c needs puron?

also my air filter is wet, my coils are setup up in an A and the air filter underneath.

it gets soaked with water dripping from the coils. what should i do?

your help will be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

Your system needs to be serviced. In the time you have been in the house, have you had the system serviced by a professional?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Please follow site rules and limit your post to one forum. Duplicate posts are not allowed.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

no i haven't, but it shouldn't die in 2 years on a brand spanking new system right?

del air where contracted to install all a/c units in this community

You need to call a contractor to have your equipment properly serviced. This is not a DIY help forum.

Your system should be serviced each year. Have you been changing your filter as required? We aren't telling you the system is dead or dieing. But, just like your car, maintenance is a requirement. Or you can kill it.
    Many companies have a clause in their warranty that provides no coverage if minimal annual maintenance cannot be proven.
    Your filter should not be wet. You have an issue, please call a professional to help you with it.

Oh, and 2 years old is no longer new. It is 2 years old. It was new 2 years ago.

Its not uncommon for air conditioners to need to be cleaned after 1 year, let alone 2 years.

If this is a HP, or an A/C, on a furnace. All the air for heating and cooling go through it.

Its been installed for 17,520 hours, if its 2 years old.
    If it only ran 10% of that time for heating and cooling, it has ran for 1,752 hours.
    If it were a car, and you drove it at 35 miles an hour, for 1,752 hours, you would have put 61,320 miles on your car in that same time period. that would be like driving 30,660 miles a year.

With that kind of usage, it deserves to be serviced at least once a year.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

i change the filter every month. i live in florida, and a/c is set at 78 degrees. its not running hard like like if i would have set it to say 70 degrees.
    shouldn't a/c units last longer then 2 years? problems like this start in 2 years? i lived in my parents house growing up, and never ever had a problem with the a/c unit, and that is 10 plus years

Please call a professional to service your system. We cannot tell you what is wrong from here, not to mention DIY is against the site rules.
    Would you try to diagnose someone's car problems over the internet? Especially if they've driven it every day for two years and never had any of the recommended services?

Did they have it serviced every year. Also know as a clean and check.

High traffic areas tend to cause then to need service more then what many people thing.
    Low filtration air filters also can cause service to be required sooner.

We don't use our A/Cs here in PA, as much as you do in Florida, and we service them every year.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?