I feel I was misled by my contractor. Looking for an opinion?

I had narrowed down my choice to a Bryant or Carrier AC and Furnace system. Both were identical and the contractors were of equal size and reputation. The quotes seemed the same but Bryant was a bit cheaper so I went with them. I know its partly my fault for not being more diligent but it was also never explained to me what I was getting.

The thing that really burns me is I was quoted a "Bryant G200" Humidifier. It turns out that Bryant does not make a G200 humidifier and it is actually a Trion G200 humidifier that my contractor has rebranded themselves as a Bryant. Unless I am missing something that seems rather deceptive to me, listing something as a Bryant product that is not. I assumed (yes I know I should assume) that when I saw Bryant humidifier that I was getting a Bryant humidifier as shown in the brochures.

The quote also listed a Bryant Media Filter. Well stupid me assumed I was getting the EZ Flex filter and not just the filter box that apparently comes with the furnace. Is there much difference between the two.

Other than that the main system itself I am very happy with. The house has never been quieter or more comfortable although there were some installation issues.

Looking for opinions from other contractors. What would you do?

Does it look like any of the humidifiers that are on teh Bryant website.
    Many manufacturers don't make their own humidifiers. They are made by other companies, and then relabeled.
    Also could have been a mistake in teh wording in the contract. Talk to your contractor about it. It could be a better humidifier then teh one you thought you were getting.

Put a MERV 10 filter in that cabinet, and you have the same filtering ability as the EZ flex.

maybe this is why this contractor was cheaper then the other.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I am led to believe that the humidifiers made for Bryant are made by Aprilaire. This one is made by Trion. Different manufacturers. Don't know if there is any difference in quality.

I prefer Aprilaire, and EWC humidifiers.
    But Trion makes good products.

For your future reference. Written contracts should have model numbers on them to ensure that everyone knows what is to be installed.

If neither estimate listed mods, then you can't make a apples to apples comparison.

Some contractors will not list model numbers on estimates so that their sizing work can't be used to low ball them. In that case a phone call to clarify what you think, and what they think is appropriate.

When one estimate is less then another, and you think its the same equipment, you always have to ask why its lower.

Your equipment and accesories are ok.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    For your future reference. Written contracts should have model numbers on them to ensure that everyone knows what is to be installed.

If neither estimate listed mods, then you can't make a apples to apples comparison.
    They did list model numbers but my focus was the AC and Furnace. When I saw Bryant G200 humidifier I didn't bother checking it out because I knew from Bryant's website that they only make one Bypass Humidifier.

Live and Learn (just don't know if I will live long enough to learn everything I need to know)

Thanks