Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster42 View Post
    Roboteq I agree with you.
    I did also but since the Rep has went over the system and found it to be in "as new" condition, and that RoBoTeq knows him, I have to understand that if he feels that it is "as new" then I must abide by that.

From the Rep to me:

"The construction of this unit is very demanding, and would have no problem in expecting it to have a normal service life, as long as the issues are addressed[excess moisture entering, flue rotated].

I have looked over inside myself, and there is no sign of any condensation of any way in the unit itself. All of the matting is perfectly dry, and no staining, spotting or any signs of moisture on any metal, plastic, wiring, just dont see anything.

As for this M/B issue, it did happen just after the unit was installed, before cooling was used, but didnt know it was related to the unit, I removed the T-stat, replaced the battery's and it worked after that.
    So it seems that there has been a M/B issue all along. As the Rep has told me, the installer had talked to him a couple times about fan issues, when he was trying to "set" the air flow, and I had even noticed it do what "it cant do" at 1 point in this adventure.

Now the fan has an even, steady "flow" sound.
    Hopefully it is really good to go now!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7echo View Post
    I agree with sizing it correctly the first time, but here on HVAC-TALK manual J, D, and S are common. In lots of other places the homeowners have no hope of getting close to what you and other pros here can offer in the way of proper equipment choice, duct work, and high quality install.

Well it just did it again

This time I dont see the LED power on when the power is restored, it just starts the fans [id&blower] and blinks 6 times..............................

As before the ID blower shuts down after a number of seconds[30-/+]

I do see the 3amp fuse is blown, may be why the LED dont light up on powerup.

I do not know about the fuse on the other board, but didn't see him remove it and check either.

Turns out he swapped out our T-stat for a Shaw 9615, and the fuse he brought from yesterdays board, it's blown also. Although it[m/b] would light the LED on powerup, whereas this don't.

He is to the understanding that the unit should not run at all with no fuse!?

Also my be a bad batch ot the boards out also, and I ended up with them
    I agree with sizing it correctly the first time, but here on HVAC-TALK manual J, D, and S are common. In lots of other places the homeowners have no hope of getting close to what you and other pros here can offer in the way of proper equipment choice, duct work, and high quality install.

He'll need to check for shorts.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    He'll need to check for shorts.
    Bingo

There's a revision on the M/B that "6" flash can be "Low Volt Short", just not in field documentaion.

He tested the T-stat set, and then when tried to call for cooling, poped the fuse.

He ran a new wireset to the condensor, and "so far so good"............

Hats off again beenthere

Wow It's been so long I didn't notice my final post didn't go thru!!
    Thank you Robotec for getting me hooked up with George, he was awesome !
    The last issue was that wire from the handler to the condenser did indeed have a break in it, we put a new one in and that was it!
    We had a company come out [mid Sept}and installed all new duct work, and the system has perform'd PERFERCTLY.
    It's been 5 yrs now, they adjusted the freon a little, but other than that they told me that it was all in spec.
    I put in the water heater closet vents 2x12 top and bottem and that took care of the drafting, absolutly no air pulling thru there!
    Laid the thick plastic under the house, and of course all the gaps at that plenium{?} sealed ect,
    We had new double pane windows install'd and best of all our electricity bill is littalry 1/2 of the old system.{didn't go all the way back thru to see if they were done during the whole escapade}
    So to sum it up, this same unit has been working flawless.
    We're so greatful to everyone here that join'd in the thread.

Thank you!!!

Thanks for the update... Even though it's been 5 years. Happy holidays.

thanks for returning to let us know.
    not many do this.
    glad to see that you got the help/advice you needed
    and are pleased with the system 5 years later.

and jtrammel & I would like to see pics of your
    crawlspace work!

enjoy the holiday season!
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

install is the most important part of hvac
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617