Thread: carrier 25hpa new unit shutting off ?

Post Likes

Question carrier 25hpa new unit shutting off ?

Had new Carrier h/p installed 3 weeks ago (25 hpa530a300 , air handler
    FV4BNF003) dealer sent out a tech to perform a check, test and start to make sure the system was installed and operating properly, tech said he switched a couple of wires that were in the wrong place, now the unit starts up runs for a while then the outside unit shuts off while the air handler runs for a few minutes then the outside unit kicks back on, It hadn't done that until this tech switched something, Is this normal or is something wrong?

Post Likes

Cool

Can you be more specific about which piece of equipment starts up and when... The air handler should never be off while the condenser unit is running... The air handler will stay on for 30-90 seconds after the condenser unit shut off depending on the settings in the air handler. What thermostat are you using?

Post Likes
    Could be something not right with system. Call your contractor tomorrow and have them come back and recheck it.

Post Likes

Cool

sorry

Post Likes

Cool

thanks beenthere... I think my reading comprhension is low, that's the third time I've done that

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dj3901783 View Post
    Also on your model... since it is a two-speed unit it has the option of switching from 1st to 2nd stage in which your unit will shut off for about 30 seconds then kick in to another speed.
    Carrier doesn't make a 2 stage 2.5 ton heat pump.
    His is single stage.

Post Likes

carrier condensening unit shuts off

Sorry I wasn't more specific, the entire system comes on and cools, the condensing unit then shuts off while the air handler stays running, I haven't timed it exactly but it between 2 and 3 minutes and then the condensing unit comes back on, and it is not a 2 stage condensing unit. The thermostat is a Carrier Touch 'n' Go. It ran what I thought to be normal before the tech came out and changed something.

Post Likes
    Could be a loose wire, or several things. You will ned to call them back out.
    Don't wait, call ASAP.
    The holiaday weekend is coming, and you could have trouble getting someone out after Thursday. And to keep running it like this could be harmfull to it.
    Call them ASAP.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in