Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    now which scenario sounds more likely a unit being off sized by 1 or 2k BTUs or that when the first txv went bad the original problem wasnt addressed. we need more info Doug. if its running like it did when the first txv went "bad" odds are what caused that condtion is probably still there. you need to call for a second opinion especially if they told you its an industry wide problem because its not. it does happen alot though when people dont practice good install habits. trust me ive already replaced over 20 txv's in warranty this year and now when one comes in the installers go back and do it the right way. as i guessed your unit does use puron. take this quote and my last one very seriously you need a technician to look at your unit not just a parts changer.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    The air handler you have is often installed with Carrier Thermidistat.

If you have one there's 18 to 20 steps ,dip swicthes to set,and jumpers to remove or not,depending on the setup required.

I mention this because we find this is often overlooked,or not done properly, by our competitors ,and on consumers systems, that come to this site.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    The air handler you have is often installed with Carrier Thermidistat.

If you have one there's 18 to 20 steps ,dip swicthes to set,and jumpers to remove or not,depending on the setup required.

I mention this because we find this is often overlooked,or not done properly, by our competitors ,and on consumers systems, that come to this site.
    The thermidistat that was installed is a TSTATCCPRHO-B. What steps, dip switches, and jumpers are you referring to. IS there something that I need to adjust on the thermidistat?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by DougandLiz View Post
    The thermidistat that was installed is a TSTATCCPRHO-B. What steps, dip switches, and jumpers are you referring to. IS there something that I need to adjust on the thermidistat?
    Your contractor needs to be sure it's set-up properly,which they may have done,I'd ask them to be sure.

You can have issues if it's not se-up properly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12