Thread: York High Eff Air Conditioning Question

Post Likes

York High Eff Air Conditioning Question

Been There, I previously had a thread concerning the exhaust noise of this unit,

Hi,

just a couple questions about the Air conditioning on a new York Affinity
    High Eff install,

1. Should the main plenum(?) have any space around the perimeter of the A/C unit on top of the furnace, I notice Air comming out of a couple corners, is this a design fitting issue or can some tape cover this seal?

2. I run the fan On and the whole house is pretty comfy with the A/C set @ 75, it says in the manual that the fan will be running at 50% high cool speed when the jumper is located where it's currently at , how can I increase the fan speed? should I increase the fan speed?
    -the third floor does not get quite as cool, I tried to close some Basement supply to increase the flow to the third...

Post Likes
    They should have sealed that when they installed it.
    Don't remember which model you have for sure, but if its the PV9 series, the jumper can be set for hi cool, low cool, high heat or low heat, for continuos fan operation.

Post Likes
    I always sealed the coil plenum to the furnace, but some leakage is not a disaster. Tape or silicone will solve the leakage.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes

Cool

If you'd like more airflow there's a set of jumpers in your air handler/furnace. The manual that comes with the unit tell you with Cool jumper and ADJust jumper at C,D then airflow will be at 1863 cfm in high speed and 1397 in low speed for example. Unplug your unit and you can change the jumpers but becareful not to set the air flow too low. If you can't find your installation manual, then post your model numbers of everything online and we can suggest a few things to try... maybe you can bump up your air flow a little to get more air to your "third" floor...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dj3901783 View Post
    If you'd like more airflow there's a set of jumpers in your air handler/furnace. The manual that comes with the unit tell you with Cool jumper and ADJust jumper at C,D then airflow will be at 1863 cfm in high speed and 1397 in low speed for example.
    Thats not what he's asking.
    He's asking about the fan on speed, when its not calling for heat or cooling.

Post Likes

Cool

I wrote that because he was talking about having trouble getting airflow to the third floor... To be more specific whatever you set the dip-switches or jumpers at will give you certain cfm's... fan on will always be 50% of whatever you set the unit up for. I you have your unit set up for 2000 cfm high, 1400 low then fan on will be 1000. Or 1800 high, 1200 low, fan on 900 cfm, so you can change the fan speed to adjust for your needs/wants

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dj3901783 View Post
    fan on will always be 50% of whatever you set the unit up for. I you have your unit set up for 2000 cfm high, 1400 low then fan on will be 1000. Or 1800 high, 1200 low, fan on 900 cfm, so you can change the fan speed to adjust for your needs/wants
    Apparently, you have no background with the York Affinity line.
    The fan on speed, is adjustable. its not locked in like other brands.

Post Likes

Cool

Beenthere, I'm not sure what you are saying... the fan on... continuous fan is adjustable, but you have to adjust the high/low speeds to change it... it's like we're saying the same thing. Some units run the fan on at 50% of high cool speed and others are at 63%, but the only way to change the contiuous fan speed is to change high cool speed right? Or am I missing something... Your new apprentice D.J.

Post Likes
    NO, not on the Affinity.
    If your high cool CFM is 1200. You can set the board ot use the high cool CFM for teh fan on speed.
    It has a jumper setting just for the fan on speed.
    You can choose one of 5 CFM settings for it.
    Hi cool, Low cool, High heat, Low heat, or 50% of high cool.
    Unlike other brands, you don't have to set your cooling speed above normal setting ot get more air in fan only.

Post Likes

fan speed

Been There,

thanks!

is it acceptable for myself to change the jumper without upsetting any warranty?

main thing to know is to switch off at panel

please advise

Post Likes

Air Conditioning High CFM Cooling

Been There,
    in a previous post you confirmed that the Affinity York series has
    5 settings for the Fan ON

can you please confirm what temp difference the stat needs in order for the
    AC unit to throttle up to high CFM Fan?

I'm dying to feel this,

Post Likes
    The stat does not control blower speed by what temp it senses..

There is a jumpr on the furnace control board that needs to be set to tell the blower what speed to use when it gets a fan on only call.

Being that this is not a DIY site. I can't tell you its ok to do it yourself.

Post Likes

Air Conditioning York Affinity New Unit

Been There,

One question regarding the Air Conditioning Unit:
    We know that there is a high cool and low cool fan speed,

How much must I set the thermostat to engage the fan for high speed cooling?

If my interior current temp is 75 degrees, what would the stat need to be set at for the AC to come on High Speed? 65 degrees?

I thought you might know because you seem to know a lot about this, and lets say the fan is on Auto
    Last edited by rex4321; 07-12-2008 at 03:33 PM. Reason: forgot to mention

Post Likes
    That depends on how everything is set up.
    If the slow ramp profile is engauaged. It takes 8 1/2 minutes from the the stat calls untill the blower will ramp to full speed.

Also depends on the stat logic for when to call second stage cooling.

What stat do you have again, and which outdoor unit.

Post Likes

Air Conditioning York Affinity New Unit

stat is Honeywell focus pro6000
    and outdoor unit is York R-410A split system 15 seer 2 ton

Post Likes
    OK.
    The TH6220, set it 2 degrees lower then the room temp and it will call for second stage cooling.

It has no control over the blower. The OD unit sends a singnal back to the furnace for the furnace blower to go to high cooling blower speed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in