Contactor Issues

Not important now.
    Last edited by TheCates; 06-29-2008 at 04:49 PM.

Thats exactly why you should NOT DIY your own equipment!!!!

This is not a DIY forum. Read the rules about posting. Turn the system off and call a contractor. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS REPAIR. YOU WILL DO MORE DAMAGE TO THE SYSTEM IF NOT DONE PROPERLY!!!!!!
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

It;s ok with Twilli
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

sorry i didn't realize

Quote Originally Posted by TheCates View Post
    sorry i didn't realize
    you didn't realize that you can damage your system if not doing it right.

Or you didn't realize you could kill yourself or others by screwing it up.

We're here for guidance and information. The information you seek you will not get. You need to have a qualified technician working on the system. Thats the bottom line. There are way too many factors that go into this stuff.

You CLAIM the contactor is bad but how do you know??? And what caused the contactor to go bad??? You don't know what you are doing. Before you go a grand in debt, your best option is to call a contrator who can have you fixed and running properly.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

We were told it was the capacitor, I wonder Who told you ?
    went and got a new one, it worked for 5 minutes and then shut off again. So...( again i wonder who ? ) we were told our motor was bad, we went and bought a motor, and another new capacitor...well come to find out and 200 dollars poorer, the first capacitor we bought was not the right kind,I wonder why you keep up with the trusted advice ) and that is all that was wrong with it. It wasn't even the motor. Now that it is working, we then noticed that the outside unit does not turn off when the inside unit does. So we then found out that the contactor stays in. Will it be ok for us to run our air even though the contactor is messed up, just until tommorow when a part store is open, or should we turn off our air?
    After all you have tried to fix it by listining to what "they" thought was wrong
    Now if you had called " a reputable" A/C contractor you would "not" been in a mess.
    Matt 7:12 The Golden Rule
    "Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This summary of all is taught in the law and the prophets.

LOL................Lessons we learn!

Thread Closed!