Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 estimates for new ac- don't understand either

Post Likes
    I live in Angier, a little bit north of you. Sounds like you would probably need a 2 ton. More importantly though, did either contractor do a load calc to determine what size or did they just guess? You need to find a contractor that will do a load calc and determine what size you need.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deq1269 View Post
    I live in Angier, a little bit north of you. Sounds like you would probably need a 2 ton. More importantly though, did either contractor do a load calc to determine what size or did they just guess? You need to find a contractor that will do a load calc and determine what size you need.
    I've already got her taken care of...Provided she uses the contractor I recommended.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Why not?Guessing I need to read the rules.
    Thats simple.......

Its called CYA!!!!!
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes

Licenses

Thanks for the information! Are there certain licenses you need to have to do your kind of work in N. Carolina?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffynr View Post
    thanks, I'll keep using the drain water
    A/C condensate drain water is great for watering plants.
    It is not acisic. Unless your using chenicals in your house.

Post Likes

water

thank you, my son (installs solar panels and is also a general contractor) lives in the west. He told me that so maybe the water is different out there.

Post Likes
    The condensate water from a furnace,(condensing) is acidic. And some times they use the same drain lines for both. So he may have been thinking both waters are acidic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in