Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A 15 year old Goodman system that is operating well under adverse conditions...well fancy that. There are some brand bashers on this site who will swear that your system cannot exist

I would not put a lot of money or effert into any 15 year old system. The fact that this system has been operating with a leak, and is already 15 years old, tells us that it may already be operating on borrowed time. Any significant amount of money spent trying to repair it could well be just wasted.

I would definitely not put a 2-1/2 ton system in a home designed for a 2 ton system that is doing the job as is. Oversizing HVAC equipment is one of the worse things you could ever do for comfort and efficiency.

If you are having a R410a system put in, insist on the lineset being replaced and you won't have to worry that your current leak could be in it somewhere.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    A 15 year old Goodman system that is operating well under adverse conditions...well fancy that. There are some brand bashers on this site who will swear that your system cannot exist

I would not put a lot of money or effert into any 15 year old system. The fact that this system has been operating with a leak, and is already 15 years old, tells us that it may already be operating on borrowed time. Any significant amount of money spent trying to repair it could well be just wasted.

I would definitely not put a 2-1/2 ton system in a home designed for a 2 ton system that is doing the job as is. Oversizing HVAC equipment is one of the worse things you could ever do for comfort and efficiency.

If you are having a R410a system put in, insist on the lineset being replaced and you won't have to worry that your current leak could be in it somewhere.
    lol. Thats a post for tess...

Go figure...they are gone now. Didn't even get the email. Oh well....I already got the contractor lined up for em and they leave.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

haven't left yet

I'm sorry, just went off line because of lightning storms. Thanks for info.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Shoot me an email...

I can give you a good direction to follow.

Can't do it in the forum.
    Why not?Guessing I need to read the rules.

i use my drain water. about 5 gallons of water a day. no plants have died yet.

skibme

thanks, I'll keep using the drain water

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    All Goodman bashers, come see me. My much older low end contractor's unit is
    operating well in Houston. Clean what? Lubricate what? Never has been serviced except once 2 yrs ago (added a bit of freon, so it may be nearing it's end of life). I'm only considering replacing it due to its age and possible energy savings with a new system.

I live in Angier, a little bit north of you. Sounds like you would probably need a 2 ton. More importantly though, did either contractor do a load calc to determine what size or did they just guess? You need to find a contractor that will do a load calc and determine what size you need.

Quote Originally Posted by deq1269 View Post
    I live in Angier, a little bit north of you. Sounds like you would probably need a 2 ton. More importantly though, did either contractor do a load calc to determine what size or did they just guess? You need to find a contractor that will do a load calc and determine what size you need.
    I've already got her taken care of...Provided she uses the contractor I recommended.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Why not?Guessing I need to read the rules.
    Thats simple.......

Its called CYA!!!!!

Licenses

Thanks for the information! Are there certain licenses you need to have to do your kind of work in N. Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by tuffynr View Post
    thanks, I'll keep using the drain water
    A/C condensate drain water is great for watering plants.
    It is not acisic. Unless your using chenicals in your house.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

water

thank you, my son (installs solar panels and is also a general contractor) lives in the west. He told me that so maybe the water is different out there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast