Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The High price of oil~~~explained?

from Business week:

http://tinyurl.com/6d9u3v

it's all about speculation
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Why do you use tinyurl, instead of the original...

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...s+%2B+analysis

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Why do you use tinyurl, instead of the original...

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...37;2B+analysis

Roy

I always copy to tinyurl (well, almost always) I just hate when it goes out 122 characters.

Is that a problem???
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I always copy to tinyurl (well, almost always) I just hate when it goes out 122 characters.

Is that a problem???
    In your case maybe no, but when one hits a unknown url, one can download an executable, that could be harmfull.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

The price of oil is determined by the World Markets . I wish now I had purchased OIL stock 10 years ago

Whoever did .... is doing very well .

Oil is nothing but a commodity like wheat , corn ... etc

the point is, there is plenty of oil laying around in STORAGE? it's NOT a supply problem, it's a speculation problem
    The Last four letters

any questions

I can agree with that.......wouldn't suck to wake up one day and there is no more food in your home and none to be found anywhere......I would be speculating well before I ran out on what to do for food.

Oil makes the world go round.....I'd hate to see what happens when it runs out without proper preparation.

oil is high only because the dollar has no worth.it is the same reason commodities are going thru the roof like gold and copper,the dollar is devalued

Quote Originally Posted by desto1 View Post
    oil is high only because the dollar has no worth.it is the same reason commodities are going thru the roof like gold and copper,the dollar is devalued
    That's one of the main reasons. The Fed, which I despise of its existence, has lost all control of it. I think they are clueless as to what to do about it. Thus, the silence.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

So Americans still driving like gas is $.99 doesn't have anything to do with it?

I know if I had apples and they were .99 a bag.....and they were going like no tomorrow and I would run out....I'd raise the price till I saw it curb then drop it back down slightly.......guess who is selling the apples and who's buying them.....why not make more money if your product is needed more than you can supply.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
    So Americans still driving like gas is $.99 doesn't have anything to do with it?

I know if I had apples and they were .99 a bag.....and they were going like no tomorrow and I would run out....I'd raise the price till I saw it curb then drop it back down slightly.......guess who is selling the apples and who's buying them.....why not make more money if your product is needed more than you can supply.

THATS THE PROBLEM, it's not a supply problem. It's a dollar valuation problem and a "FED" problem
    The Last four letters

any questions

No.....they can supply more but it cost more to do it.....is there billions barrels of untapped oil.....yes.....it doesn't come out of the ground for free. It also can only come out so fast.......more than 8 billion people using it....has to be a lot of pumps....

The people that control oil are on a teeter totter system.....if they go to high we stop using.....if they go to low we use up their capacity.

What America is doing is using up what everyone else has then when it's all gone we have our reserves.....at least that much is obvious to me. The gov. knows the real numbers and they provide us with the worked numbers......in the end they will not be the ones to run out.....it will be the ones that didn't think to do the same thing......the greedy ones...in deserts.

At least that's my opinion I'm probably wrong as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    That's one of the main reasons. The Fed, which I despise of its existence, has lost all control of it. I think they are clueless as to what to do about it. Thus, the silence.
    Lol I was telling you guys about a drop in buying power months ago and of course I was full of it then

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast