Oh good, the air just turned off. I can hear myself think again...
Ok, I'm not sure this is the best place to ask since it seems to be for professionals but...
I live in a two story townhouse (about 1400 sq ft) with no basement. The furnace is on the first floor and has always been LOUD! I need to turn the TV up when it comes on and down when it goes off. It is a York P2MP and is about 12 years old.
I have a couple questions:
1. The furnace states it is 64MBH. Is this the same as saying it is 64000 Btus?
2. Any recommendations for an equivalent BUT MUCH QUIETIER replacement?
3. I know prices aren't discussed here but could you give me an idea of the cost to replace a furnace possibly along with the A/C unit (I think it's about 2.5 tons). If I'm looking at the high(er) end for quietness are we talking about xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
4. Would something like a Lennox G61V be overkill? Or really expensive (xxx-ish)?
5. Am I restricted to the 80 AFUE because I have a galvanized flue vent through 2 floors to the roof?
6. Anything I can do to quiet to existing unit?
I’m just looking for general information so I can either rule out replacing the unit due to cost or speak knowledgably to contractors to get a quote.
Thanks in advance.
Oh no, it’s on again !!!! Please help!
EDIT Sorry but we can not answer pricing on this site. Please do not ask for pricing information or your thread will be removed. Thank you.