Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thumbs down Red wing boots Warranty is a Joke

I bought these boots from a red wing store last August. Paid 130.00 cash. for model #2235

Red wing offers a warranty for full replacement in the first 6 months and 50% off for the second 6 months.

I brought them in to the same store I bought them from, and they said it looked like a wear issue and they would not offer a discount. they said that is a wide tow boot and I must have narrow feet. I had just got done with a rather hard day and didn't feel like arguing my case especially since I was still wearing them and my sweaty socks and had no intention of taking my boots off right then.

tomorrow I am going to bring them in again and see if they will re-consider but if they dont I think I am done with red wing for good.

question for all who read this

Would you buy anther pair of red wings or not?
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by bigjohn79; 06-28-2008 at 11:47 PM. Reason: cant spell
    I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.

What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.

VETO PRO PAC, The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

I Use to wear them all the time - but think there geting cheaper last few yr's
    Rather but cheep shoes 4 pairs a yr....
    feet fell beter, just put some Dr shools in them

Did they size them for you? I bought one pair of red wings several years ago they didn't last long I pitched them. No I don't think I'd buy another pair.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education... Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ISOTHERMAL View Post
    Did they size them for you? I bought one pair of red wings several years ago they didn't last long I pitched them. No I don't think I'd buy another pair.
    yes they did but I think that this store Manager is new from last year.

they did the usual measure my feet, lace them for me, and I walked around in them in the store usually try on 2 pair and decide from there. they have always been very professional. been going there for 4 years
    I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.

What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.

VETO PRO PAC, The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

I have bought several pairs of Red Wings over the years and love them, but if that happened to me, that salesmen would be hard pressed to get at least one of my shoes out of his butt hole.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

If the local Red Wing store won't give you satisfaction, try corporate. See page 2 of the following newsletter for phone numbers and addresses:

http://www.redwingshoes.com/retail-n...2006-vol15.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn79 View Post
    I bought these boots from a red wing store last August. Paid 130.00 cash. for model #2235

Red wing offers a warranty for full replacement in the first 6 months and 50% off for the second 6 months.

I brought them in to the same store I bought them from, and they said it looked like a wear issue and they would not offer a discount. they said that is a wide tow boot and I must have narrow feet. I had just got done with a rather hard day and didn't feel like arguing my case especially since I was still wearing them and my sweaty socks and had no intention of taking my boots off right then.

tomorrow I am going to bring them in again and see if they will re-consider but if they dont I think I am done with red wing for good.

At least you only got screwed for 130.00. I bought a pair of Red Wings last October for 240.00. I'll post some pics in the morning. Red Wing used to make quality boots, now they are crap like everything else. Bottom line, I'll never buy another pair again.

The problem with Red Wing is that they seem to think that everyone has the same width foot at the toes, and that people with wide feet are only wide at the heal and middle of the foot.

F' Red Wing.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I've been going to Red Wing for near seven years now. However, the last pair I bought, a year and a half ago, seemed to wear out quicker than the ones I had in the past. I noticed my current shoes have materials from elsewhere, but are assembled in the USA. Here we go...
    I'm on the fence, as to buying another pair of Red Wings. I need to do something. My work boots are shot.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Have Red Wings...never had a serious problem...about ten years ago I had a pair that would squeak once in a while...took them in, could not get them to squeak...they replaced them anyways... that's the only pair I have ever had trouble with in more then thirty years...I'll keep buying them.

For the guys that are buying three and four sets of boots a year...if you are doing that kind of damage to your boots why would you think better boots will last you a lifetime?

I keep good care of my boots, say for example I have to do a lot of walking on a job…I just get the Segway out of the truck and tool around…thus saving wear and tear on my boots, I have a nice tool holder on it, I just wish I could drive it up the ladders I use…I’m working on a plan for that…

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

These are a pair of RedWings I bought last October.
    Name:  redwings_a.jpg
Views: 3019
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  redwings_b.jpg
Views: 2773
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  redwings_c.jpg
Views: 2803
Size:  51.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by digital686 View Post
    These are a pair of RedWings I bought last October.
    Name:  redwings_a.jpg
Views: 3019
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  redwings_b.jpg
Views: 2773
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  redwings_c.jpg
Views: 2803
Size:  51.0 KB

Your point being...?

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn79 View Post

redwings suck,wolverine suck, if you want a good pair of boots choose Rocky
    This is not a guess .I have destryed dozens of pairs of boots and Rocky lasts the longest

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast