Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dehimidifing is a good thing. I'm just not sure how the indoor humidity is going to effect the insulation.

Is the insulation going to be exposed inside the house.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I compared the exact stats you are considering prior to my new dual fuel system purchase. Go with the Honeywell IAQ. I did and it is an awesome stat for controlling humidity on a VS Lennox blower. I have a Lennox XP 19 HP and Lennox VS furnace which the IAQ controls beautifully. It slows the blower down on my new Lennox furnace to 10% of full speed to reduce humidity once temp set point is reached. The controls are simple and easy to understand. zero regrets on that decision.

Well it looks like IAQ is the way to go. Go raibh maith agaibh.

In the users manual, p. 19, dehumidity control states "If you don’t have a dehumidifier, the thermostat activates the air conditioner to reduce humidity (may cool as much as 3°F lower than your temperature setting) but I find no reference to lowering humidity by ramping down the variable fan speed. Is blower speed control an automatic function that is invoked with DIP stitch settings or by some other method or is it otherwise user controlled at the t-stat by some setting which I am missing?

Does lowering the temperature set point occur in concert with slowing blower speed when the humidity set point is exceeded.

Do humidity reduction functions operate fully when the fan is set to <ON> or must the t-stat be set to <AUTO>. We've become accustomed to constant air circulation when we are in the house

Constant fan on causes high humidity.
    With the IAQ, you cn set the fan to circ. It will run the fan rough 35&#37; of the time.
    Cool to dehumidify, is something that is enabled in the installer set up.
    Same with the blower slow down.
    Over cool only happens when the humidity is above set point. It will slow the blower any time its calling for cooling and the humidity is above set point.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Timely thread for me.

I am getting a new Lennox system installed next week and was wondering about the Lennox Comfortsense 7000 thermostat versus the IAQ everybody here seems pleased with.

Talked to my installer today and he reports the 7000 is new on the market and his repair crew has already had a couple break down. He spoke to another Lennox dealer who reported the same thing. He called me to suggest the Honeywell VisionPro TH8321, but based on the advice in this forum I asked for an upgrade to the IAQ TH9421.

Thanks for the help from the pros here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12