appion for texas heat

i would very much appreciate any advice. I am sold on getting an appion however I live in san antonio texas and have heard concerns with recovering 410a in hot conditions. Winter is mild here and we have hot days even in winter. Basically i want a recovery sysytem that works well in cold and especially hot temps that is reliable.

I used the same Appion G5 Twin in the DFW area for 3 years. Only using a brand new one now because my boss bought a new one and took my old one cuz I use it way more.

The only problem I had was after 2 years of use. One of the piston seals started leaking when the machine was first turned on, but then would stop leaking. Took about 20 minutes to fix it once I got around to getting the parts.

It handles R-410A with no problems, but as with any machine, you have to watch the bottle pressure while recovering. The recovery bottles are only rated for 400 psi, so cooling of the bottle will definitely be required when recovering R-410, even though the Appion will still happily pump refrigerant against a 400-500 psi bottle pressure...

A bucket and some ice, just hosing the bottle off with water, or any of the more exotic setups will do fine. I usually just squirt water on the bottle if the pressure gets to high.
    If the bottle has enough liquid in it to cover the bottom of the liquid side dip tube, you can also hook the machine up to pull vapor out of the bottle, and pump liquid back in, to cool the bottle. Handy if you're up on a roof and don't want to pack more crap up to cool the bottle.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

With a T there is suppose to be a way to cool it while recovering if I understand correctly...haven't tried yet.

http://www.appioninc.com/downloads/index.html#g5docs

http://www.appioninc.com/downloads/f...win_Manual.pdf
    page 6

has anyone used the G1. Is it a good unit

Is the G1 just slower. I know it only has one piston. Maybe am just being cheap and should just spend the extra $150

$80 difference?

2/3 of the way down.

http://www.hvacr-tools.com/mm5/merch...RATIONRECOVERY

Have a G5 twin and it works very well. Run a water hose on your bottle to keep the temp down.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Kinda erks me that you guys are happily using the G5Twin on r410. The guy at the supply house insisted that it would not work with 410, and persuaded me to get the GS3700.

yeah i have the G5 also use it on both 22 and 410 as long as you keep the bottle cool it recovers fast and that too is a problem. It works so fast it really heats up that bottle, but the guys i work with are really very impressed, we had the recovery guy out last week he did one 5ton and i did the other he has a huge rig i used the G5 we got done about the same time and even he was impressed, not to mention it is light weight and durrable
    Its not what you know its what you can prove.

Quote Originally Posted by magicrat View Post
    i would very much appreciate any advice. I am sold on getting an appion however I live in san antonio texas and have heard concerns with recovering 410a in hot conditions. Winter is mild here and we have hot days even in winter. Basically i want a recovery sysytem that works well in cold and especially hot temps that is reliable.
    The machine works fine but for this texas heat you need to cool the bottle or recovery will slow down to a crawl. So water or ice usually does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by caddy View Post
    The machine works fine but for this texas heat you need to cool the bottle or recovery will slow down to a crawl. So water or ice usually does the trick.
    Look in the tips of the trade on this site, there is a blog named faster than push pull it might help you out on recovering refrigerant

now im gonna have to get one. thanks alot

HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation