Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yea, I realize that there isn't any pricing allowed. I wasn't putting it in there to ask if it was too much, because I already know that it is. Just merely asking if I should go spend a butt-load of money on this if it isn't needed.

Thanks!

There is obviously something going on. Without looking at the system it is hard to give armchair QB opinion. But 315 on high side and 80 on low side sounds a little out of whack to me and definitely needs further investigation. 315 for R22 is high, unless it is very hot outside and I would expect the suction side to be closer to 100. I will assume it is R22. Either one of the coils sounds a little dirty to me or indeed a restriction. You might need the lineset blown out and a filter dryer installed at the evaporator coil. I really think you need somebody else to investigate, I think there are a few guys on here in your area that could come out. Supposedly people on here aren't hacks and should be able to diagnose your problem accurately and price it fairly.

Okay, I will find someone else to take a look. How would I find someone on here?

Is this situation as dire as the guy made it sound?

If this is a restriction (which it most likely is), what exactly are the options for fixing it?

Yes, it's an R22.

In the 6 years its been in, has it been serviced annually.

Also, edit out the price in your other post. Just go to it and click edit, then X it out, or delete the price.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Well, I really can't tell how much it has been serviced since I haven't lived here for all 6 years.

Can you tell how much annual service you have had done to it in the last 2 years since you lived there.
    I'm guessing none by your answer.

I'd have another tech/cpmpany out to do a clean and tune. Might find you don't need that new coil.

And I woudn't wait too low, or you could lose a very expensive compressor.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12