Hi again, guys. I'm still trying to figure out the best solution for my tiny 440 sq ft house. I want to get a HVAC guy in there and do a complete test and calculate the loads etc. (if that's how you describe it) I have been told here and by others that I should get someone that will look out for me and that doesn't have something they are trying to sell me.
Well....where do I FIND such an expert??? Seems that all the experts are working for a HVAC company that sells and installs. I don't know WHERE I would find a guy that just does the calcs for homes? I've asked around, looked in the phone book and looked online. There is a local company that I have worked with in the past and they seem to know what they are doing. They have one guy there that specifically just does customer service and designs systems. Should I just use him to figure out what this little house needs?
I know that I THINK I would like to have radiant floor heat of some kind because of the slab problem but I really need someone to go into that house that knows what they are doing to figure up the numbers and discuss different solutions and their rationale with me. ARE there any independent HVAC guys around that JUST do the home tests? Or...should I just trust the local guys to do it? I'm not sure the local guys even sell radiant systems and in dealing with the radiant companies online...I can tell you....they are interested in selling you a system but not interested in addressing the cost efficiencies of running them...ie: uninsulated slab. Some say build up the floor and install hydronic while other's say there's no need to build up the floor...just put down Zmesh or Danfoss right on the slab. Man....I think if I did that latter idea I would be heating the world and it would cost me tons of money per month to operate.
So...where do I find a guy on my side?
Thanks.