Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PUTTING PRICING IN POSTS OR QUOTING WHEN THERE IS PRICING IN THE POST, AND AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Compliments of "Eagle Eye"

Quote Originally Posted by KenNoVac View Post
    No guarantees, of course, and the fix might not be the overall cure, but if it doesn't work he can get me a whole new condenser for a lot less than.
    And did the side jobber tech tell you about any of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

An eagle eye mod did catch the pricing ,and pro members as well as first time posters should be glad he caught it and not me, as I would have banned all members, pro or not, who posted or quoted pricing...AGAINST THE RULES PEOPLE....

My apologies for quoting a price of the compressor replacement part in my original post. I read the forum rules while registering for this board, and it stated that questions such as "Is $5000 a good price for this system...?" type of questions were not welcome. If you look closely at my OP, you'll see that I never complained about or questioned the price; I just assumed it was a valid price given the nature of the beast.

Perhaps the lesson I learned from this experience is to get a second opinion on a costly repair. I did that using another HVAC company in my area, but after getting it repaired from a freelancer, it became somewhat obvious the other repair guys were more interested in selling me another condenser. I wouldn't say that if they at least tested the unit, but they didn't even try.

But what is most interesting is the hostile response my posting generated from the last few posters...

So, ADMIN, please remove this thread from the forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12