I have about 1000 sq ft. of house to dehumidify. Just dampness from the weather. I'd like to get the humidity to 40% if possible, for allergies. I wouldn't be running it below 65 F.
I was looking at sizing guides online and they differ a lot! One guide is apparently from the EPA. They say for 1000 sq ft you only need 17 pints/day.
But the allergy buyer's club says 50 pints/day!
Why would they say 3 times as much? Who's right, for allergies? Is the EPA assuming you don't want to get the humidity down to 40%?
Also I don't want the fan to run all the time. I had this awful whirlpool device years ago and the fan didn't go off even when the compressor wasn't on.
thanks
Laura