Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Lennox vs Aire-Flow

    Have proposals for Lennox XC13 and Aire-Flow 2AC13B. Significant price difference, is the Aire-Flow any good or unreliable and short lived. Will the money saved be spent on repairs and maintenance - pay me now or pay me later. Any advantage to going with an R410A unit rather than a R22 unit. d on the advantages of the different units.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    va
    Posts
    800
    My opinion....Go with the lennox and with R410. Lennox owns aire-flow, but it is a basic bottom line builder grade unit.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    DC Metro Area (MD)
    Posts
    3,371
    Quote Originally Posted by machery View Post
    My opinion....Go with the lennox and with R410. Lennox owns aire-flow, but it is a basic bottom line builder grade unit.
    I agree...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    burlington county n.j.
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by machery View Post
    My opinion....Go with the lennox and with R410. Lennox owns aire-flow, but it is a basic bottom line builder grade unit.
    same here.......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    south central pa
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by saywhat View Post
    Have proposals for Lennox XC13 and Aire-Flow 2AC13B. Significant price difference, is the Aire-Flow any good or unreliable and short lived. Will the money saved be spent on repairs and maintenance - pay me now or pay me later. Any advantage to going with an R410A unit rather than a R22 unit. d on the advantages of the different units.
    ill give you the same advice i give to all of my customers. any brand unit will do the job and could do it reliably if its installed properly to the mfg. specs. the majority of the service calls i encounter especially with txv's now can be traced back to an improper installation procedures so you need to get references from everybody you know who has had a long relationship with their contractor. and when you get quotes ask questions the guy who is just looking to sell you a unit wont take time to answer your questions. when you choose your contractor ask the techs installing your unit ask how the refrigerant will be measured in the system and their response should be super heat and sub cooling not beer can cold. and dont be afraid if the techs are reading the instructions when the unit is unpacked good techs always review the instructions to see if there has been any changes in the product line. they can change weekly after a high rate of warranty items or other issues with it. the guys to stay away from are the ones who say i dont need to read them ive been doing this for umpteen years so i dont need them anymore. and as far as pricing you have realize your working with all very similar components in these systems so if one system is cheaper some where along the lines prices have been cut to save money. now weather thats in the quality of the parts or installation of it. you generally get what you pay for. realize that this is not just a purchase but really an investment. youll have to live with this system for the next 10 to 15 years. and if you havent heard of a certain brand theres a reason why, just stick with the names your familiar with. just like cars they do the same job but some have features that others dont. so basically do your research.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    634
    air flo is junk, get more quotes for other products,I am not a big fan of lennox either, looks like you got a multiple quote from a dave lennox dealer. shop around and look into the other brands..410a is the very near future.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    297
    The Xc13 unit will be significantly quieter and more efficient. AirFlow is owned by Lennox international and is of similar design to older Lennox equipment. AirFlow uses an Emerson fan motor and a Copeland Reciprocating compressor. Lennox uses an Emerson fan motor and a Copeland Scroll compressor which is a heavier duty compressor.

    If you have the money...go for the Lennox.
    S**t or get off the pot!

  8. #8

    What is the typical price difference between Lennox and Aire-Flow?

    Quote Originally Posted by lost_art View Post
    ill give you the same advice i give to all of my customers. any brand unit will do the job and could do it reliably if its installed properly to the mfg. specs. the majority of the service calls i encounter especially with txv's now can be traced back to an improper installation procedures so you need to get references from everybody you know who has had a long relationship with their contractor. and when you get quotes ask questions the guy who is just looking to sell you a unit wont take time to answer your questions. when you choose your contractor ask the techs installing your unit ask how the refrigerant will be measured in the system and their response should be super heat and sub cooling not beer can cold. and dont be afraid if the techs are reading the instructions when the unit is unpacked good techs always review the instructions to see if there has been any changes in the product line. they can change weekly after a high rate of warranty items or other issues with it. the guys to stay away from are the ones who say i dont need to read them ive been doing this for umpteen years so i dont need them anymore. and as far as pricing you have realize your working with all very similar components in these systems so if one system is cheaper some where along the lines prices have been cut to save money. now weather thats in the quality of the parts or installation of it. you generally get what you pay for. realize that this is not just a purchase but really an investment. youll have to live with this system for the next 10 to 15 years. and if you havent heard of a certain brand theres a reason why, just stick with the names your familiar with. just like cars they do the same job but some have features that others dont. so basically do your research.
    How big is the typical price difference between Lennox and Aire-Flow? My installer sold me Lennox, but installed Aire-Flow. I need to figure out how much refund to demand (I am reluctant to have them remove and replace the unit, for many reasons, even though I would be well within my right to do so).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Gold Coast of Connecticut
    Posts
    4,619
    Lennox 13ACX/ 14ACX and the 13 and 14 seer Aireflo R 410 refrigerant units are almost the same cost, both 10 year warranty thru a Lennox dealer. Look and sound the same, i do not think they are different.

    I could be wrong but I do not sell much aireflo
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event