+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cpr valve pressures equalize?

Post Likes

Cpr valve pressures equalize?

My question is about CPR valves and pressures equalizing. I was working on an ice cream coffin case freezer. Hussman m#gim-6 s#97b01007-958. Semi -hermetic with cpr valve. Takes 404a, uses a txv and receiver. The unit was iced up, thawed out evap. Unit low on gas, i fixed leak and it working again. Now after the unit was off for an hour or so and i put my guages on at the compressor. And my low side pressure was around 60 with the compressor off. I turned unit on while checking amp draw to check cpr valve. Amp draw was good, low side pressure dropped to 15 while on inlet of cpr was 50. The pressures on each side of the cpr valve were equalized before starting unit back up. I asked 2 fellow techs is it normal for the cpr valve to equalize on both sides if unit was off for a while. One tech said no it shouldnt do that and the cpr valve is leaking by. The other tech said its normal for it to bleed by and equalize. My question is....should pressures equalize or not on each side of.cpr valve?

Post Likes
    CPR valves hold back the suction pressure while running not idle!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in