Heat Pump in Northern, NY

I am just about to sign the papers for a Trane XR13 AC and XV95 furnance. The installer said I have the option of a heat pump. We get really cold winters and I was wondering how to calculate the possible savings? I have a 1250SF ranch style home. Thanks for your help.

Teddy

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Assuming he means adding a heat pump to the gas furnace (dual fuel/hybrid heat),might be a great idea,switch between heat pump and gas ,depending on outdoor temp., and changing fuel costs.

www.hvacopcost.com To compare costs,don't think it addresses dual fuel/hybrid heat.

Heat Pump For Sure In Cincy

I am a Carrier dealer in Greater cincinnati. I assume you have gas heat and not propane. With the cost of natural gas spiking at all times high it is most definately more advantageous to install heat pump. You be better off installing a 15-16 SEER heat pump and installing two stage furnace rather than variable speed. If you do variable speed make sure you get 10 year parts and labor. We do work in KY and licensed. We are located close to downtown. We used to handle Trane but their distribtion is messed up. Everything comes out of Louisville-it used to be here locally. I have been un this business since 1972.

Thanks for your help. I found a Bryant calculator and picked similar specs to the trane equipment I was looking at. It also allows you to enter your ZIP and energy cost. Comparing it only came up with a yearly savings of just under a hundred dollares. It would take me about 16 years to recoup the cost of the heat pump. Granted Natural Gas will go up as will Electric. I figure I will reavaluate in 10 years and can always add the heat pump later. Any comments are welcome.

Teddy