Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    Here in metro Detroit, if I have to deal with a Goodman distributor for a job, I will give the job away.
    They are the most unorganized distributor of HVAC equipment I have ever seen. They have a bunch of drunks working the counters, the floors have never been mopped or vacuumed, and all the floor models have been ransacked for parts.
    They sell equipment to anyone that can carry it away too.
    Their equipment will eventually shake itself to death.

No more Goodmans....not now, not ever, Im done with them.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Here in metro Detroit, if I have to deal with a Goodman distributor for a job, I will give the job away.
    They are the most unorganized distributor of HVAC equipment I have ever seen. They have a bunch of drunks working the counters, the floors have never been mopped or vacuumed, and all the floor models have been ransacked for parts.

Man Brother that's terrible, I can guarantee you the Goodman distributors in "Houston" are probably the cleanest distributors in Houston no doubt.
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

Yes, you ducts could b part of the problem. You should have them checked abd fixed or corrected.
    Bring it to the attention of your contractor.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

goodman distributors do not require proof of business insurance to purchase there equipment. thats a red flag too me!!!

Re: HVAC guy came out, recommends Goodman

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Yep, I've walked away from a few potential customers like you. Just not worth the aggrevation.

Get a few bids on the total system and go for the one that is the best value for a proper installation. What is so difficult about that?
    So someone like me isn't worth your aggravation. I guess you are also of the opinion that those of us like myself who are "NOT" in the know when it comes to information on AC systems have "NO" need to know, shouldn't ask any questions, or to try and become a better informed buyer. To just be kept in the dark; to not ask questions, to hire you, let you sell me a bill of goods, take my money and if a problem does come up you're nowhere to be found and your cell phone has been disconnected. Well I would just as well not have you come out here either with your attitude.

Stevoreno
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    06/27/08

Quote Originally Posted by tessmer View Post
    goodman distributors do not require proof of business insurance to purchase there equipment. thats a red flag too me!!!
    Business insurance?? They do require you to have a A/C and Heating license "if your state requires one" to buy there equipment.
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

I have put a lot of the same systems in your quote.

Very few if any problems, they are a good 13 seer baseline product.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

If that is the way the distributor is, I don't blame you. There is no brand on the market that is any good if the distributor of that brand in your area is no good.

Ironically, in my area, which is near York, PA, where York equipment got started, the York distribution leaves a bit to be desired.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Business insurance?? They do require you to have a A/C and Heating license "if your state requires one" to buy there equipment.
    our local goodman distributor is the only distributor that doesnt require business insurance. everyone else requires a 2 or 5 million dollar policy.

Talking

Tessmer, just to satisfy my own self, what brands to you install or suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by tessmer View Post
    That is only a gauge of the quality of the distributor, not the brand of equipment being distributed. So far, the quality of your limited amount of posts are also lacking in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoreno View Post
    So someone like me isn't worth your aggravation. I guess you are also of the opinion that those of us like myself who are "NOT" in the know when it comes to information on AC systems have "NO" need to know, shouldn't ask any questions, or to try and become a better informed buyer. To just be kept in the dark; to not ask questions, to hire you, let you sell me a bill of goods, take my money and if a problem does come up you're nowhere to be found and your cell phone has been disconnected. Well I would just as well not have you come out here either with your attitude.

Stevoreno
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    06/27/08
    When I was a contractor, my customers trusted me because of my good reputation. Most of my customers didn't even know what brand of equipment I was installing. We would discuss what their needs were and I would provide them with the best system for their needs. No one was in the dark and I didn't waste my time with untrusting people.

Now that I work in the wholesale end of the HVAC industry, my contractors trust me the same way. Remember; the only common factor in all of your failed experiences with HVAC contractors is you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydp View Post
    Tessmer, just to satisfy my own self, what brands to you install or suggest?
    american standard, or trane

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast