Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Ford store recommends Ford.

Kia store recommneds Kia.

Which one is really better.lol !
    We all know that you are more intelligent then this dash. Why in the world do you wallow in such ridiculous comments? Is this part of your obsession with blue ovals?

By the way; Ford is not doing real well nowadays while Kia is quite an up and coming company. Not that this has anything whatsoever to do with HVAC, just an observation.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by tessmer View Post
    my customers deserve better.
    Well then for starters they might trying finding another a/c company.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoreno View Post
    I consider it important because I have no idea what these things cost. For example if all that needed replacing was the condenser outside I would expect any contractor to list on his invoice the brand name of the condenser, model number and size and extend out to the end what I was being charged for that particular piece of A.C. equipment.

Then I would expect to see what the labor charge was going to be to install the unit, if there were any permit fees from my city, some cities require contractors to pull permits to do such work, if I was going to be charged a fee to haul off my old unit since my trash truck wouldn't take it I'd want to know that, subtotal that, add sales taxes and give me a final total. Yes I would want that.

Stevoreno
    06/27/08
    Yep, I've walked away from a few potential customers like you. Just not worth the aggrevation.

Get a few bids on the total system and go for the one that is the best value for a proper installation. What is so difficult about that?

Hey Robin!

We got an interesting situation here in MI.

Williamson(Amana dist) is absorbing five brances of the Goodman dist here.

Got any info on that?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Yep, I've walked away from a few potential customers like you. Just not worth the aggrevation.

Get a few bids on the total system and go for the one that is the best value for a proper installation. What is so difficult about that?
    I wanted to say that but I'd get my talywacker smacked for having an acid tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    We all know that you are more intelligent then this dash. Why in the world do you wallow in such ridiculous comments? Is this part of your obsession with blue ovals?

By the way; Ford is not doing real well nowadays while Kia is quite an up and coming company. Not that this has anything whatsoever to do with HVAC, just an observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    doubled8 i don't know what fairly large means but if you get the carrier news letter you've at least read/know dash. his relationship with carrier will probably be significantly different than yours and mine. are you having more problems with r410a product or r22? i have had my rump stretched over a 55 gallon drum with my long time customers over coil leaks. we've had the carrier factory field tech to more than one of our problem installs. they have yet to be able to hang anything on our workmanship(system design)

as of last month we are no longer a carrier dealer because of my contempt for their lack of responsibility. as to the percentage of leakers all of our warranty claims are scrap in field but i'll put a millon dollar home on the water in Naples Florida up against their findings and our failures.

i feel like that guy from th x-files sometimes. the truth is out there.
    adrianf is One honest Carrier dealer well he was a Carrier dealer.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Hey Robin!

We got an interesting situation here in MI.

Williamson(Amana dist) is absorbing five brances of the Goodman dist here.

Got any info on that?
    All I can say is that it is my personal opinion that the way Goodman Distribution Inc., (division of Goodman Global) has been changed by bringing on a bunch of ex-Lennox and ex-Service Experts people, it would be better to let independant distributors take over the distribution of Goodman products.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    I wanted to say that but I'd get my talywacker smacked for having an acid tongue.
    I like having my talywacker smacked

Robin I see your buddy must be back on the sauce.

Re: HVAC guy came out, recommends Goodman

I'd like to thank everyone for their comments but nobody mentioned if old duct work in my house, 46 years old and counting could be a contributing factor that my electric bill jumped so much between last month's bill and this month. I also didn't read too many on this board recommending that I still consider going with Rheem. Is Rheem still made by Rheem or by some other company probably in China? It seems nowadays that just about everything made today a part of was probably made in China.

One thing this guy didn't say he would do, I forgot to ask but the disconnect box located outside near my condenser is the original disconnect box from 1962. I probably should get that changed too. Do most of the legitimate contractors replace the disconnect box near the condenser when they do a change out or does the homeowner have to ask the contractor if it's included? If it's not I'd want to know how much that would cost.

In my main electrical panel located at the end of the house where the meter is, the main box has a 50 amp breaker just for the A.C. unit, I assume it's for the condenser or it might be for the condenser and the air handler/heater/coil part inside the house as well. As for the comments made about switching to the other system which would require a 220 outlet I'd rather stay with the 110 outlet because that would bring an electrician into the equation which would definitely add to the cost of the work.

Everything contractor work wise has skyrocketed in cost here since Hurricane Katrina. Most of the fly by night contractors are gone but the legitimate ones who were here when Katrina hit have so much work on their books and their rates have increased as well. There is a big demand for their services now as we attempt to rebuild our area but insurance is a factor which is keeping much development from moving forward, many areas are still not able to be insured, especially near the water and those who are rebuilding on the beach are probably self-insured because the size of the houses they are building back are huge, I'm not talking about a 700 square foot Katrina cottage, I'm talking about huge houses slowly coming back.

Stevoreno
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    06/27/08

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoreno View Post
    I still consider going with Rheem. Is Rheem still made by Rheem or by some other company probably in China? It seems nowadays that just about everything made today a part of was probably made in China.

The only thing the a/c mgf. makes in all units are the coils and the skins the rest of the parts are make by various mfgs.

I would have the disconnect changed.

May involve a electrician depending on the code for your area.

Thumbs up

its obvious that you didnt read the entire request that steve wanted to know. i wasnt name bashing, but i was giving my personal opinion on goodman. the company carried much better products than just goodman. goodman is still considered janitrol to me. you just keep on installing cheap equipment, just gives me more job security. and for that, THANK YOU

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast