Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gallo Gun

I work at a sh*t hole apartment complex with over 500 units, summertime everyday i average 2 or so calls with clogged drain lines, I always use the gallo gun, it works about 75% of the time.

I love the lil fugger saves me time. even though i gt paid by the hour

Quote Originally Posted by bdivell View Post
    HVAC2B what is the cost like on that bad boy? I haven't seen one of them in canda yet
    I think it was 220....................I haven't bought it yet
    it might be free, JK
    its a loaner from Johnstone
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by dwepproductions View Post
    I work at a sh*t hole apartment complex with over 500 units, summertime everyday i average 2 or so calls with clogged drain lines, I always use the gallo gun, it works about 75% of the time.

time to reroute some drain lines
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by dwepproductions View Post

Seriously do yourself a favor. Change them out and add a T.......T comes after P. It will give you a very easy way to clean them later on down the line......with a wet vac.

Just blowing them out leaves all the gunk still attached to the side....you'll be back within a year. I've used sulfuric acid but you pour in then immediately pour water through it......several times of that and it's spotless.....however it makes the PVC brittle and I got some info one day on how far acid travels into the body before it's neutralizes.....I saved one bottle for absolute emergency.

Just use Grapefruit juice to pour down the drain lines.The acid in the juice cleans that gunk out of there.Old service guy showed me that when I was first starting out.
    Look to the past to learn;look forward to live.

Coach Dean E. Smith

So no hydrochloric acid??

Thanks just bought stocks in grapefruits

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
    Seriously do yourself a favor. Change them out and add a T.......T comes after P. It will give you a very easy way to clean them later on down the line......with a wet vac.

Just blowing them out leaves all the gunk still attached to the side....you'll be back within a year. I've used sulfuric acid but you pour in then immediately pour water through it......several times of that and it's spotless.....however it makes the PVC brittle and I got some info one day on how far acid travels into the body before it's neutralizes.....I saved one bottle for absolute emergency.
    the companies ive worked for have preferred one method or the other. what ive noticed is using a shop vac generally works the best for me. the tee after the trap is a good idea but if i were you id put a pvc union after the trap instead. that way you can clean out the trap very good and the other side of the drain.

no matter which way you choose to clean your traps its going to need to be done every year to avoid those calls, ie before they get clogged. you might even want to consider replacing the pvc traps with an ez trap. very easy to clean, comes with a brush and access to properly clean the trap.

the most common reason why your drain line gets clogged is because the trap always has water in it, which it should. but during the off cycle since the water is not moving and its in a dark warm environment its a perfect place for algae and bacteria to grow, ie that nasty slime. so even if you clean out the traps every year you still have a chance of a clog.

now to prevent those clogs the rest of the season you need to put something in the drain pan that will release an antibacterial solution the rest of the season. a co. called pan pad makes a good product or condensate tablets for condensate pumps will work to. an ounce of prevention is worth its weight in gold!!! unless you like those middle if the night calls.

REHVAC http://www.oemregs.com/itemdetail.asp?Category_id=10

Drain Kat a pneumatic operated vacuum. Using the REHVAC gun you can to surge the vacuum to break loose most clogs except for the nickel that some evil plumber stuck down the standing tee vent.

Drain Dawg. As stated drop it down or into a pipe apply pressure and it inflates to seal around the pipe to push pressure down the pipe.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

ima try that grapefruit juice trick

Quote Originally Posted by gasoilair View Post
    If you dump enough liquid in, you can go chase down the frost line and it'll be right where your restriction is.

Gallo Gun

I use a Gallo gun for any unit with a short drain line, usually if the pan is full on a larger unit and you clear the restriction with a Gallo gun, the rush of water from the full pan will push most of it out, And of course you should always flush more water down to assure proper drainage. For tough leaks you may have to use 2 or more cartridges.
    I have to say i like the Gallo gun. It beats carrying around a n60 or vac and looking for a plug.
    I do like some of the little gadgets some of you guys posted though and i want to check them out.
    I do think the office will question why I'm turning in a receipt for 10 gallons of grapefruit juice though

Quote Originally Posted by d_griff View Post
    I do think the office will question why I'm turning in a receipt for 10 gallons of grapefruit juice though
    LOL,you should have seen the first time that I turned in the receipt for some grapefruit juice.
    Look to the past to learn;look forward to live.

Coach Dean E. Smith

On service calls I use the Gallo Gun and then flush with water. It works great for me. The cartridges can get pricey but I have it in my flat rate book to cover the cost (clear drain w/ Co2). If the trap looks real bad, I replace it, using the Gallo Gun on the line before I install the new trap.

I make sure all my PM customers have blowout tees installed. On Spring PMs I blow out the trap and flush with bleach and water.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast