Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gallo Gun

Quote Originally Posted by bustawrench1 View Post
    What's a drain dawg?
    It's a little rubber sorta tube deal that you stick in the cond drain and pressurize it with nitro. It has a 1/4" flare on it and it expands to seal the end your on and blow everything out the other end.

Also good if you have an ahole plumber giving you a hard time. You can stick a few nickels in any 3/4 copper he's running and blow them off to the next elbow so they can act like nice little randomly activated butterfly valves.

Quote Originally Posted by gasoilair View Post
    If you dump enough liquid in, you can go chase down the frost line and it'll be right where your restriction is.
    haaaaa, that was a good one

It's a little rubber sorta tube deal that you stick in the cond drain and pressurize it with nitro. It has a 1/4" flare on it and it expands to seal the end your on and blow everything out the other end.

Also good if you have an ahole plumber giving you a hard time. You can stick a few nickels in any 3/4 copper he's running and blow them off to the next elbow so they can act like nice little randomly activated butterfly valves.
    damn,good idea,lol
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    using wet dry vac is the best way to break drain line free of junk. i love this tool for the job no cords or outlets needed

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WD2450-3...c/EN/index.htm

I have a stinger corded vac. and it doesn't seem to do that good a job from the outside. Does a cordless vac. have enough power to clear out a dirty line thats twenty or thirty feet long?
    Knowledge is Truth.

If the line idrain is blocked/cspped completely going to the drain pan even the slightest of vacuum should suck the line clean.

I only suck'em from the outside now. A bunch of years ago, I blew apart an unglued joint behind a wall and didn't catch it till the HO called me and reamed me out. Had to send the sheetrocker and painter out to fix that one.

Little bit 'o bleach in the trap every year at PM time and haven't delt with a clog in years on the existing customers. New cust's that have plugged drain lines get the Nitro, but very friggin carefully.
    ya ive had that happen to me to. its definitely a good debate to suck or blow, just ask my old lady... lol. what ive found to work for me is putting a pvc union after the trap and using a shopvac to clean the drain, with some type of antibacterial in the drain pan to prevent unnecessary clogs.

Post gallo gun

thanks for the replies Mark, Gas, Lost art and Beachtech. Really like that little vac, Beachtech. Showed it to Big Al sr. team member who's considering the gallo gun. His method for dealing with a drain clog is blowing from outside vaccing mess away and cleaning the coil as part of P.M. Any thoughts on his procedure ?

I have two of the original GALLO Guns that used the 12gram CO2 cartridge. Their price for refill cartridges was rather expensive so I bought 25 packs of them from various retailers at a significant savings. I did stop using them when I bought one of these:

http://www.achrnews.com/Articles/Pro...00f932a8c0____

I use it for blowing out drains, traps, small condenser coils and occasionally for pressure testing small refrigeration systems, it does a great job. I fill it from my nitrogen bottles as needed using the supplied tank adapter.
    Don't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't too bad at all, I got it from my local Johnstone Supply.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by william antley View Post
    I have two of the original GALLO Guns that used the 12gram CO2 cartridge. Their price for refill cartridges was rather expensive so I bought 25 packs of them from various retailers at a significant savings. I did stop using them when I bought one of these:

I use it for blowing out drains, traps, small condenser coils and occasionally for pressure testing small refrigeration systems, it does a great job. I fill it from my nitrogen bottles as needed using the supplied tank adapter.
    Don't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't too bad at all, I got it from my local Johnstone Supply.
    yeah I got 1 in my truck right now haven't used it yet
    how many times can u refill it from a nitro 40# tank
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

HVAC2B what is the cost like on that bad boy? I haven't seen one of them in canda yet

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC2B View Post
    yeah I got 1 in my truck right now haven't used it yet
    how many times can u refill it from a nitro 40# tank
    Mine is a 9 cu. ft. bottle so I get 4 refills from my Nitro40.
    I don't remember exactly what I paid at Johnstone but it was a little under $200 best I recall, and on special.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Mine is a 9 cu. ft. bottle so I get 4 refills from my Nitro40.
    I don't remember exactly what I paid at Johnstone but it was a little under $200 best I recall, and on special.

wonder where i can get one in canada seems like it could be very handy

recall notice. Be careful with that tiny tank.
    http://www.oemregs.com/REH_HVAC-RECALL_7-12-07.pdf

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast