Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gallo Gun

Gallo Gun

I picked up one just to have in case I run out of nitro. We'll today I ran out and needed to blow out a drain. I used the gun but it didn't seem to get much gook out of the drain. The only other thing I had was 22, so I used some and it blew out a lot more stuff. This doesn't make me feel too good about the Gallo gun. Has anyone else had better luck with theirs?
    Knowledge is Truth.

They work fine when completely clogged to break it free......slightly clogged doesn't do to much. a clog 60 feet down from where your using the gun will be less effective then 4 feet from the clogg.

I don't know if I'm reading this right but you are admitting online to venting a hcfc?......you do know how much the fines for that are right?

Gallo Guns are cute, but I like my 1.25# liquid CO2 bottle and Drain-Dawg better.
    I keep a 20# liquid CO2 transfer bottle on my truck to refill the smaller one.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Gallo Guns are cute, but I like my 1.25# liquid CO2 bottle and Drain-Dawg better.
    I keep a 20# liquid CO2 transfer bottle on my truck to refill the smaller one.
    Pictures? Or a link?? Sounds interesting.
    Hvac Maniac

"A negative attitude cancels out positive skills."

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
    They work fine when completely clogged to break it free......slightly clogged doesn't do to much. a clog 60 feet down from where your using the gun will be less effective then 4 feet from the clogg.

I don't know if I'm reading this right but you are admitting online to venting a hcfc?......you do know how much the fines for that are right?

Yes, I did it. I also crossed the street in the middle not at the corner, I feel better now. ZZZZZZZ
    Knowledge is Truth.

Get more nitrogen and a drain dawg.
    UA Local 141

What's a drain dawg?

Post gallo gun

at our shop we sometimes debate on whether to pressurize the drain from outside or inside can anyone help us out?

Quote Originally Posted by hiflow View Post
    at our shop we sometimes debate on whether to pressurize the drain from outside or inside can anyone help us out?
    Inside, otherwise you are just blowing the crap back up into the drain pan.
    I'd use a shop vac to suck the drain out from outside if we had that kind of drain in my area.
    Around here, the AC condensate drains virtually all terminate into the house plumbing, usually at a bathroom sink if the unit is in the attic, or a floor drain if it is in a closet.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I only suck'em from the outside now. A bunch of years ago, I blew apart an unglued joint behind a wall and didn't catch it till the HO called me and reamed me out. Had to send the sheetrocker and painter out to fix that one.

Little bit 'o bleach in the trap every year at PM time and haven't delt with a clog in years on the existing customers. New cust's that have plugged drain lines get the Nitro, but very friggin carefully.

using wet dry vac is the best way to break drain line free of junk. i love this tool for the job no cords or outlets needed

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WD2450-3...c/EN/index.htm

once i get the drain line free and all the water has properly drained from the system i back flush with a water hose until water running out is clear.

usually the blockage is at the trap. on jobs with a prefab trap, the first thing i do is cut it out and replace. upsell E-Z trap if i can

if you have 20 some gallons of water in the auxillary pan, while drain line is cut in side, i'll take a 90ell and short peice of PVC and stick it in the aux pan. then go outside and fire up the shop vac once you get a good pull on the line gravity will take care of the reset like a siphon
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

OH!!!

see if you can get your money back for that gallo thingy
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    I picked up one just to have in case I run out of nitro. We'll today I ran out and needed to blow out a drain. I used the gun but it didn't seem to get much gook out of the drain. The only other thing I had was 22, so I used some and it blew out a lot more stuff. This doesn't make me feel too good about the Gallo gun. Has anyone else had better luck with theirs?
    If you dump enough liquid in, you can go chase down the frost line and it'll be right where your restriction is.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast