Anyone know anything about AirEase

I have a contractor recommending an AirEase heat pump. I have never heard of this brand, but I understand it's part of the Armstrong/Lennox family...

Any recommendations on this brand?

Thanks,
    Arbe

It is a builder grade system owned by Lennox international.

There is nothing wrong with the equipment, just not as many bells and whistles. Any equipment will give you years of good service if it is installed properly. The contractor you pick is much more improtant than the brand.
    Its a good Life!

It is a builder grade system owned by Lennox international.

There is nothing wrong with the equipment, just not as many bells and whistles. Any equipment will give you years of good service if it is installed properly. The contractor you pick is much more impotant than the brand.
    Its a good Life!

I think if you compared the Air Ease SHP13LE line to the Elite 13 from Lennox you'd find other than the cabinet shape they are virtually identical. Air Ease has a compressor cover, not sure Lennox does on the 13s.

We gotta 1993 10 SEER Armstrong 3T

Its been pretty much bulletproof. Loud as heck, but does the job.

I would make sure parts are readily available for warranty if you do have problems. The biggest problems with these "knock off" brands if you will are that it is hard as hell to get parts when you need them. Just because it is a product tied to Lennox does not necessarily mean that they will honor warranties or even have the parts you need when you need them. These lesser brands will get a supply house in the area with no major ties to any company to sell them, something will happen and the supply house won't sell that product in a year. Make sure they've been around for a while in the area.

i think they are also the same as whirlpool gold, at least footprint and parts wise.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Yes, Allied (Lennox division that makes the "knock off" brands also makes Whirlpool.

Parts? Let's see. We've been in biz for 55 years with a stellar reputation and credit report. Can't get Lennox to open up a parts account so we can buy Lennox parts for our customers. End up calling a 3rd party who adds 30% or so to the cost the homeowner pays. Let's see. Need an Air Ease part? In stock and probably has now has a Lennox part # on it. And if I need it at night, I know the owner of the supply house. Or in the rare event they don't have it, the Armstrong supplier probably does. No, I don't know that owner, it's a multibranch chain, but they have 24 hour service too. The local manager is a colleague's brother in law and neighbor. And Lennox? Probably won't have it locally anyway - will have to be shipped from Ohio or Iowa.

Oh, Allied has great tech support. Anyone can call. One time I found a back door to Lennox support. Tech said the guy on the other end spent most of the call trying to figure out how we got the number, barely bothered to help us

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Yes, Allied (Lennox division that makes the "knock off" brands also makes Whirlpool.

Parts? Let's see. We've been in biz for 55 years with a stellar reputation and credit report. Can't get Lennox to open up a parts account so we can buy Lennox parts for our customers. End up calling a 3rd party who adds 30% or so to the cost the homeowner pays. Let's see. Need an Air Ease part? In stock and probably has now has a Lennox part # on it. And if I need it at night, I know the owner of the supply house. Or in the rare event they don't have it, the Armstrong supplier probably does. No, I don't know that owner, it's a multibranch chain, but they have 24 hour service too. The local manager is a colleague's brother in law and neighbor. And Lennox? Probably won't have it locally anyway - will have to be shipped from Ohio or Iowa.

Oh, Allied has great tech support. Anyone can call. One time I found a back door to Lennox support. Tech said the guy on the other end spent most of the call trying to figure out how we got the number, barely bothered to help us
    We're the opposite. If I need an Airease or Armstrong or Ducane. The Lennox place might be able to help, very rarely, but it does happen. If they don't. I have to spend a few hours on the phone trying to see who might be peddling them now or if they know who does. Usually somebody out of area and has to be ordered. I do agree with the Lennox thing about never stocking parts for their own equipment or even equipment for that matter. But Lennox parts are a whole hell of a lot easier for me to come by than the other. I just have to call Lennox and I'll at least get it shipped to me.