Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    don't be sad solsberry, if i ever need a steam fitter i'll call you, but if you ever need an a/c tech don't call me!
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by solsberry View Post
    looks like ill go to my grave without knowing the secret to charging a heat pump.
    I am not going to waste my efforts. I spelled it out. You sounds like a person who sees naked woman and asks if she has a use manual.

First off, if you don't know How to charge a unit , then you should not being working on it.

1) determine inside temp.
    2) determine humidity
    3) determine line-set length
    4) determine cfm setting
    5) check suction line pressure
    6) check liquid line pressure
    7) check superheat
    8) check sub-cooling
    9) check Delta ^ across coil
    10) Check R.H.- Static pressure

If you can't determine these , then maybe it's time to call in a PRO.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Diyer, Please Leave!

last response from retiree

hi guys, ill try to respond to all the responses without hurting anyones feelings. 1: didnt realize i was intruding on your livelihoods. 2:how do some of you find the time to keep posting when there is work to be done in the field? 3: cmajerus, browntigerus & beenthere were all helpful replies; as to smitty thanks but youre too far away (gas 4.20/gal); millerman:couldnt find any info on miller can! aircooled:i got 9 out of 10 right on the list, actually it was helpful i didnt know this was a bible quoting site but since its ok to quote it, all the wise guys might want read proverbs 26:4. & to mrfixit, bye bye

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12