Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Israel will strike Iran's nukes if Obama elected

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...559502,00.html

Interesting article, dunno if I buy the logic behind it or not.

Discuss.....

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...559502,00.html

Interesting article, dunno if I buy the logic behind it or not.

Discuss.....
    '''''''dunno if I buy the logic behind it or not.''''''''

Logic as I see it: Iran nuke program will only be stopped by an attack, Isreal will but would rather wait and let the USA do it for them. John McCain will[might], Hussein Obama will not. GWB can enguage the USA already if it gets sticky while he is still in office,... as an allie, so obama is locked-in to a war already in progress if it drags on that long. Obama might take a nuetral stance if it starts after jan 20th.

If isreal attacks before nov 4th, americans may be going to the polls voting for war[mccain], or nuetral[obama]........isrealis don't want to screw with that and get obamarama the noted ''racist black supremacy christian anti-semite with suspected muslim loyalties'' elected, americans are tired of war in the land of mohammed the massacerer, so any attack must be after the fourth.

It is like a big chess-game, bolton sees that. I don't like bolton, but I can see the logic in what he is saying......

EDIT:
    Now most every practical attack plan is based on a 10 day completion or less, but all scenarios considered where it might become a drawn-out affair.....
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 06-26-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Editing purposes.

There's no "talking" to these folks, despite what obamarama says. Israel has alot more to lose or gain by showing some spine here. It would be about time someone grows a set with these people. They did it before, and all I can say is, runway 3 cleared for takeoff...............
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

I think Bolton's right. BUT...I think Iran will strike before Israel does.

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon.

"Even so, come quickly..."
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Strike whom? With what? All intelligence says they have no nukes yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Strike whom? With what? All intelligence says they have no nukes yet.
    None of their own. Google Russia/nukes.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    None of their own. Google Russia/nukes.
    Okay, if anyone got their dirty paws on soviet scrap nukes, I will agree it would be Iran. [ I assume you mean attack isreal]

Would Iran not be better positioned to attack[suppose they can] after obama might be in office jan 20th, where he might be in a position to wuss-out of backing isreal?

I believe Iran is doing everything possible to prolong any actions by UN, EU or the US......and they aren't doing it for no reason.

Iran most likely feels it's one of the if not the strongest military powers in the middle east now. They know to be able to keep that they need the magic bullet......or else they will always be the prey. It may not be out in the open but I bet they are trying to build one if they haven't already.

I know this is the same logic as with Iraq......hopefully the outcome will be close to the same even if they have no WMD right this second. If they weren't trying to make a bomb why not just let the rest of the world in? Why make such a scene.

Good point, BigJon. Something I had not considered. Sure gonna be fun watching how this chess game plays out. But you can bet your Aunt May one thing...somebody's king has been castled and the knights are off the board.

Proud member of KA Club

Agreed BigJon, as for time-frame, Iran has been doing everything in appearance of stalling for time..

I'll say the same, but word it differently: Iran has a local strong military, by comparison with the other outdated muslim military forces. A nuke is a deterrent from attack or retaliation. Arabs[middle-east, mostly sunnis] are afraid of iran[persians, mostly shiites] getting the nuke too. Isreal may not even be the actual ambition of iran... it is possible that isreal is a distraction from the truth. Thought about that? To gain arab complicity? then they actually aim to control large parts of the middle-east before taking-on isreal? Chess-game, and a big one...

Ahmadinejad is largely saber rattling with his rhetoric and nuke program, IMHO. It not only serves his need for self-aggrandizement and support and home, it also has the practical benefit of keeping oil future prices high. Iran's economy is dependent on its oil revenue, and has poorly developed its oil resources.

But once Ahmadinejad gets the bomb, things will become interesting. I would not be surprised nor fault Israel for taking preemptive action.

I would give an Obama-Ahmadinejad summit about a 98 percent chance of doing more harm than good.

I gotta go along with most of that. Achmenadneverhadabath has short man syndrome. Were it not for sabre rattling, he'd be hiding under a bed somewhere.

Edit: Andy go to ARPC forum.

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Schoen View Post
    Ahmadinejad is largely saber rattling with his rhetoric and nuke program, IMHO. It not only serves his need for self-aggrandizement and support and home, it also has the practical benefit of keeping oil future prices high. Iran's economy is dependent on its oil revenue, and has poorly developed its oil resources.

But once Ahmadinejad gets the bomb, things will become interesting. I would not be surprised nor fault Israel for taking preemptive action.

I would give an Obama-Ahmadinejad summit about a 98 percent chance of doing more harm than good.
    Important point made Andy: When interperenting the headline news, I tend to forget that akmacdenijad[the nutty guy spelled something like that] is also angling to keep his position in politics at home. Iran is a wreck of an economy and the leadership is walking on broken-glass to stay the leadership position.... It is a fact that further confuses an already complicated issue,.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast