Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Flexible Stainless Steel hoses for pulling vacuums.

JB prices for their flexible SS hoses are ridiculous.

I bought some flexible SS hoses from Lowes (3/8 & 1/4 flare -- needed adaptors) for about 1/10 the price to upgrade my micron guage vacuum setup. You can buy 1/4 flare 2ft flexible SS hoses for about $5 compared to JB $80-90.

I don't know how long it will last, but I'm going to use icemaking & plumbing flexible SS hoses for a lot less coin.

S.F.B.
    Take your time & do it right!

And then we all had Ice cream!
    I remember my first day,It was fun!

have you tried pulling a vacuum with water hoses yet??

Hoses

Home Depot has Good Year garden hoses on sale.

I'll try them

I'm going to try them. They look like the exact same thing as what I saw at the supply house, except you don't have the core suppressors.

If they don't work, i'll go back to YJ black -- no big deal.

I don't see paying $350 for the JB setup.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    have you tried pulling a vacuum with water hoses yet??

Those hoses are not approved for that type of use, if you have one blow up in your face and burn you, insurance will not cover the misuse. Why is it that we collectively complain about internet sales of equippment, home store sales of equipment, but then turn around and do the same thing buying the cheap s***? Sorry, but if you price your services correctly, you can afford to buy the right tools.

I'm trying to be a kinder, gentler person, so....I will leave it at," I don't think that is a very good idea".

I can't help it!!!!!! Just because they both are called hoses and they have a SS jacket doesn't mean you can use the toilet hose for pulling a vacumn. You are just rattling the cage... right? right?
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

how can a hose blow up in a vacuum?

it's for the vacuum side. If anything it might collapse.

hell no I'm serious -- ice hoses are used to low pressures, and actually, they're rated at 1000 psi for the high side as well -- so they are superior to rubber reinforced hoses.

Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
    Those hoses are not approved for that type of use, if you have one blow up in your face and burn you, insurance will not cover the misuse. Why is it that we collectively complain about internet sales of equippment, home store sales of equipment, but then turn around and do the same thing buying the cheap s***? Sorry, but if you price your services correctly, you can afford to buy the right tools.

it will probably just collapse internally. nothing dangerous just not reinforced for the vacuum........

hook one up and try it at the shop instead of getting to the job and looking like a goober.......

How 'bout a nice big pic of this setup?

Quote Originally Posted by emcoasthvacr View Post
    I'm going to try them. They look like the exact same thing as what I saw at the supply house, except you don't have the core suppressors.

If they don't work, i'll go back to YJ black -- no big deal.

I don't see paying $350 for the JB setup.

Are you talking about the whole setup vac. gauge and all?

I see the prices on metal hoses from $52.00 for 36" 1/4" to $90 for the 60" 3/8" hose.....How many hoses do you need? Only need two maybe three if you have a vac. tree....depending on the vacuum gauge you have.

one of the best lessons ive learned is that "life is too short to drink cheap liquor or use cheap tools" thats not always the case with all tools but with specialty tools it is. you could try that and it might work but it might not. pay your nickle and take your chances! to save your self the headache just buy the right tool for the job. congrats on thinking outside of the box, more people need to do this but with tools it generally leads to more problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast