Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No executions for child rapists

http://start.localnet.com/article.ph...D91H6TM04.html

I say if this crime happens in a state that has execution as the punishment then the punishment is fitting to the crime.

In a 5-4 vote, the court said the Louisiana law allowing the death penalty to be imposed in such cases violates the Constitution's ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

Straight down the liberal/conservative lines. Is it any surprise?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I guess they think the current way of dealing with them is working fine.

What?
    The case in question is in regard to a Louisiana man who was convicted of repeatedly raping his 8 year old step daughter. His sentence was execution. Now that won't happen because the U.S. Supreme court says it's against the Constitutions cruel and unusual punishment clause.
    So, the 'current way of dealing with them' in the state of Louisiana (and 4 others) WAS execution.

Did you even look at the story??
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Yes I looked at the story and although these states can give them the death penalty the last person executed was over 40 years ago. So what is our current way of dealing with them?

I posted this a while back http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165835

There is no rehabilitation for these nasties, the only resolution is a quick painful death.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Yes I looked at the story and although these states can give them the death penalty the last person executed was over 40 years ago. So what is our current way of dealing with them?

I posted this a while back http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165835
    Just because the last execution was 40 years ago doesn't mean that the sentence for execution hasn't been being handed out. Such as in this particular case.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    There is no rehabilitation for these nasties, the only resolution is a quick painful death.
    Agreed. Except maybe you meant expediently slow excruciatingly painful death? By quick I assume you meant as in 'quickly after the conviction'.

The decision does not affect the imposition of the death penalty for other crimes that do not involve murder, including treason and espionage, he said.

So, you can be executed for being a traitor to your country but not for being a traitor to the innocent trust a child places in an adult.

Prison...general population wearing, "I was convicted of child molestation," sign around the neck. They could throw away the electric chair and needles then.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

I think this goes back to the don't tread on me thread. The fed govt is getting too big for it's britches. In the decision, it was stated that this was not the generally accepted punishment because most states don't execute for this crime. The FED is saying that since most states don't, no state should. YET, I'll bet the same argument would NOT hold true if one was argue that since most states do NOT recognize gay marriage, that no state should.
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

Excellent point. Bet that vote would go just the exact opposite of this one!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Just because the last execution was 40 years ago doesn't mean that the sentence for execution hasn't been being handed out. Such as in this particular case.
    I hope you see the point in my argument. I agree with you and think death would be just.

The current way of dealing with them in these states is not executing them but telling them that's whats going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Prison...general population wearing, "I was convicted of child molestation," sign around the neck. They could throw away the electric chair and needles then.
    I like it.
    Before long, the scumbag would strap himself in.......
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast