Are these a/c comparable or am I getting jacked around - AGAIN!

Hello,
    I am having a a/c replaced after 3 summer of inadequate cooling. They have replaced the A coil several times. However, now they have the go ahead from Bryant to replace the condenser and the a coil with a new 3 ton unit. Old one was 2.5 ton.

However, they replaced it with what seems to be a lower quality unit.

I originally purchased a bryant heat pump - 650anx030 and they are replacing it with a model 224ana036

I know the one I purchased in 2005 was a Preferred series and this is their lower tier legacy line. Is this something I need to address?

you are actually getting a 14 seer instead of a 13 seer unit, i would think you are better off

But it is the lower line. Is the difference between the two all cosmetic?

That and features. Is there a diff in warranties?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Moved into residential.

Personally I'd say the 224 is a nice step up from the 650.

Thanks,

Thats what i figured - i just wanted to make sure. Unfortunately I have lost faith in being able to trust this HVAC company and I will be glad when I have a working system and we can both move on.

Hopefully 3 ton will cool my house since 2.5 ton never did -- even with a 3 ton coil.

It got it down to 75 degrees by this morning -- but....its only 72degrees outside .

It has been a very long time waiting!

Rethink you rattitude of the company. Takes a lot to get a manufacturer to approve the replacement of a complete system. Give them credit for sticking with you. Not an equipment problem, an installation problem. Who did the load calc and determined 2.5 ton would work?

No load calc was ever done. The went off what i told them the sq. footage of the house was.

It took a lot of cajoling for me to get them and its only becuase they are the "Authourized Bryant Dealer" for our area and give a comfort garuantee that the system would cool the house to 75 degrees - and it simply wouldn't.

My old threads doa pretty good job of outlining past problems I have had since it was put in summer of 05.

I agree though-- I do give them credit for not giving up on me -- this stopped beign a money making venture for anyone involved about the time the third a coil was replaced.