Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very Short Run Times this morning

Post Likes
    Ok since I have lowered the stat to 75 degrees. It took about a hour and a half to reach that point. Since then it has ran 25 minutes on 7 minutes off 20 minutes on 9 minutes off and right now i'm at 14 minutes and still counting right now. What do you guys think about those numbers? Thanks

Post Likes
    It's pulling the heat out of the mass of your home......expect the same trend IMO.....as outside temps drop the time on will decrease......if it was getting hotter the times on would increase.

Post Likes
    As the furniture gives up more of its heat, your cycles will shorten. How much is what we can't say.
    See how its doing later tonight, and tomorrow.

Post Likes
    I will keep track tonight and early tomorrow morning before I go to work. So you guys think the run times will be back down to a couple of minutes tonight or early tomorrow morning? Thanks Again

Iraqveteran what do you recommend I ask the other contractors about my system? Do you think I should have them do another load calc?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rickytz7111 View Post
    I will keep track tonight and early tomorrow morning before I go to work. So you guys think the run times will be back down to a couple of minutes tonight or early tomorrow morning? Thanks Again

Iraqveteran what do you recommend I ask the other contractors about my system? Do you think I should have them do another load calc?
    If you are uncertain about the load calc then yes, I would tell you to explore getting another one done by a different contractor.

But you gotta be careful when you word it to the newer contractor. If you explain that you feel the previous contractor has made a simple miscalculation or mistake and would like another load calc completed in order to compare the two and decide what option you need to explore to correct your problem.....you should get an honest load calc. And be sure to inform the new contractor about everything that has been going on. And mention that you may be exploring the options with a new contractor.

Think of it this way....your car isn't running right. Take to the mechanic and he says nothings wrong or its fixed. 2 days later...same problem. Same mechanic, same fix. And the cycle goes on. How many times would you go back to the same mechanic before you seek another opinion. This is the same thing only the mechanic is coming to your home.

Other than that....yes your run times will more than likely be shorter tomorrow morning. And anytime the outdoor ambient temp is lower or you have overcast and cloud cover. All these things factor into the complete diagnostic of a system.

And I must say that you have got entirely too much time on your hands to be sitting there timing your CPH. JMO though. If it were me timing the system. I would be doing it in a lawnchair with a beer and my shotgun. But thats just me.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    I believe the load calc is correct it could have gone either way with a 4 ton or a 3.5 ton. Well I checked my run times when I woke up this morning. It was 71 degrees outside the stat was set to 75 degrees and I had a 5 minute run time with a 30 minute off time another 5 minute run time with a 30 minute off time. It was still dark out when I did my calculations. It seems a little better then 1 and 2 minute run times to me. Are those better run times? Last night before I went to bed at 9:30 I was still getting about 15-17 minute run times with 10-15 minute off times and with the outside temp at 80-81 degrees. One last thing outside humidity this morning was 78% inside the house was 47%.

Post Likes
    Those are better run times.

Post Likes
    get a temp reading at or on the thernostat with another device. sometimes the thermostats come a few degrees off and can be adjusted.

Post Likes
    Thanks Guys for all the info. I'm having a new stat put in on monday. I'm also leaning towards buying the 10 year parts and labor warranty.

Post Likes
    Keep us updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in