Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    beenthere, what is telling that unit to come on if the tstat is not sending the signal? I am not familiar with this. It there an internal tstat in the outside unit telling it to run. Please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by rickytz7111 View Post
    I have been so busy that I really haven't had time to check my on times with my ac. Well this morning it ran for 1 minute on like 50 off 2 minutes on and 30 off and 4 on with 30 off and 5 on with 30 off. Is there any way you guys think something is wrong with the stat? I don't see how the stat could get a 1 degree difference in 1 minute or even 2 minutes.
    It's possible too "cool" down quickly if the supply register is near the Tstat and perhaps you have a near zero heating load which may include the morning sun or a hot attic even though the outside temp is lower than the setpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO PARKER View Post
    beenthere, what is telling that unit to come on if the tstat is not sending the signal? I am not familiar with this. It there an internal tstat in the outside unit telling it to run. Please clarify.
    Its 72 outside and 79 inside, with the stat set to 78. It should come on if he has heat from solar gain, and or heat from internal appliances.

I have enough heat generating appliances inmy house that my A/C runs when its 68 outside with my stat set to 72.
    I have 1650 sq ft, a 2.5 ton A/C, and I can maintain 72 when its 98 outside. My A/C is oversized.
    But I tricked it out.

In the fall, it takes several days of 50* weather before I need to run the heat.

You have to keep in mind, that people from all around the World post here.
    Many different houses, systems, and needs.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

ok beenthere, I am with you. I misunderstood. I thought in my mind he was saying it was 72 in the house and tstat at 78, my mistake. So my question should have been what is the tstat set to and what is the temp in the house. Do you have a digital stat, sounds like not? oversized could be the prob, bu that is also a guess. I wanted to see if you could adjust that tstat a few degrees and see how long it runs to reach the new temp. Just curious if it is responded correctly to tstat changes.

I have been so busy that I really haven't had time to check my on times with my ac. Well this morning it ran for 1 minute on like 50 off 2 minutes on and 30 off and 4 on with 30 off and 5 on with 30 off. Is there any way you guys think something is wrong with the stat? I don't see how the stat could get a 1 degree difference in 1 minute or even 2 minutes.
    What part of the U.S. do you live in? Whats your %RH? Do you use t-stat set-up when the home is not occupied? Is there a basement involved in air circulation pattern? Cool basements may affect the length of time a/c operates because of cool concrete. You may try monitoring the t-stat area with a independent Temp/%RH meter to confirm correct t-stat function. Sounds like cold air is being supplied near the t-stat. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Refresh our minds, please, of what type of thermostat this is.

looks like this guy has left the scene...no response lately...

Ok i'm back I had to go do some work. To answer some questions I live in Little Rock Arkansas. I have a family 400 American Standard stat with a allegiance AS 14 outside unit with comfort R 4 ton. The ac is single stage. Comfort R is seleced. The CFM is 350 I believe. They have it set to the lowest blower setting. My house is 1 story 2500 sq ft on a slab facing south. The RH in the house this morning was 52% and outside was 78%. The house stays very dehumidified. Do I have any other solutions other then to try and get a smaller unit??

Unless your stat is defective, no.
    Contractor locator map

Is it possible for the stat to be deffective???

Sure.
    I'm not saying it is.
    But its made in a factory that mass produces thermostats.

there will be defects from time to time.
    Contractor locator map

Would a Honeywell IAQ thermostat have any settings that might help the OP?

Get a decent thermometer and verify the temperature readings of your thermostat. I have one that is just a few months old and the thermostat temperature readings are nowhere near accurate.

The IAQ does CPH. And does have a setting for more aggressive cooling, which allows it to overshoot set point.

If he were to have it installed with it set to aggressive cooling, and also enable cool to dehumidify, it might get him longer run times.

But, From my side of the screen, I can't say it will for sure.

There is only so much you can do with some systems.
    Contractor locator map

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast