Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Very Short Run Times this morning

I have been so busy that I really haven't had time to check my on times with my ac. Well this morning it ran for 1 minute on like 50 off 2 minutes on and 30 off and 4 on with 30 off and 5 on with 30 off. Is there any way you guys think something is wrong with the stat? I don't see how the stat could get a 1 degree difference in 1 minute or even 2 minutes.

How old is your unit. Just curious.

2 month old 4 ton system.

I sounds like it may be short cycling. i am curious, did a pro install it

It may be fine as well, i would need more information, but I am curious if a pro installed it....that is a fairly new system, did they give you a service warranty for 1st year...

Yes I have a 1 year warranty with the system and house. They have been out 3 times now and keep saying nothing is wrong with the unit. They have checked pressures and temps and freon levels. They keep saying that it is just satisfying the thermostat so it kicks on and off quick. The load calc came out to me needing a 3.75 ton so they went with a 4 ton instead of a 3.5 ton system. A pro did install it with a great reputation around town.

hmm...I think I have a suggestion...what is the temp there and what is your tstat set at.

The temp this morning was 72 degrees outside with 78% humididty and my stat is set at 78-79 degrees.

I thought you were trying to cool the house. Are you trying to heat the house? It is 72 outside and you want to heat to 78 degrees? Do you have a heatpump.

I'm trying to cool the house not heat it. It will get up to 93 degrees here today. We just keep our stat set at 78 degrees. It gets down to the low 70's at night

Early this morning you said it ran and kept getting short on/off times. Why would it run if your tstat is above the temp outside. Am I missing something here? So the temp has been below the tstat all morning I would assume. What am i missing here.

Yes you are.

The other week. It was 69 outside and my stat was set to 72, and my A/C ran for atleast 10 minutes.
    Its called heat gain. Some is external to teh house, and some is internal to the house.

Rick, do you know what the blowe speed is set for.(How many CFM per ton)
    Also, is comfort r enabled.

I still believe you are oversized.
    And that the calc they showed you was fudged to agree with what they installed. IMO
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

just curious how many stories and square feet do you have in your house.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast