Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Very Short Run Times this morning

I have been so busy that I really haven't had time to check my on times with my ac. Well this morning it ran for 1 minute on like 50 off 2 minutes on and 30 off and 4 on with 30 off and 5 on with 30 off. Is there any way you guys think something is wrong with the stat? I don't see how the stat could get a 1 degree difference in 1 minute or even 2 minutes.

How old is your unit. Just curious.

2 month old 4 ton system.

I sounds like it may be short cycling. i am curious, did a pro install it

It may be fine as well, i would need more information, but I am curious if a pro installed it....that is a fairly new system, did they give you a service warranty for 1st year...

Yes I have a 1 year warranty with the system and house. They have been out 3 times now and keep saying nothing is wrong with the unit. They have checked pressures and temps and freon levels. They keep saying that it is just satisfying the thermostat so it kicks on and off quick. The load calc came out to me needing a 3.75 ton so they went with a 4 ton instead of a 3.5 ton system. A pro did install it with a great reputation around town.

Quote Originally Posted by rickytz7111 View Post
    I have been so busy that I really haven't had time to check my on times with my ac. Well this morning it ran for 1 minute on like 50 off 2 minutes on and 30 off and 4 on with 30 off and 5 on with 30 off. Is there any way you guys think something is wrong with the stat? I don't see how the stat could get a 1 degree difference in 1 minute or even 2 minutes.
    It's possible too "cool" down quickly if the supply register is near the Tstat and perhaps you have a near zero heating load which may include the morning sun or a hot attic even though the outside temp is lower than the setpoint.

What part of the U.S. do you live in? Whats your %RH? Do you use t-stat set-up when the home is not occupied? Is there a basement involved in air circulation pattern? Cool basements may affect the length of time a/c operates because of cool concrete. You may try monitoring the t-stat area with a independent Temp/%RH meter to confirm correct t-stat function. Sounds like cold air is being supplied near the t-stat. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Refresh our minds, please, of what type of thermostat this is.

looks like this guy has left the scene...no response lately...

Ok i'm back I had to go do some work. To answer some questions I live in Little Rock Arkansas. I have a family 400 American Standard stat with a allegiance AS 14 outside unit with comfort R 4 ton. The ac is single stage. Comfort R is seleced. The CFM is 350 I believe. They have it set to the lowest blower setting. My house is 1 story 2500 sq ft on a slab facing south. The RH in the house this morning was 52% and outside was 78%. The house stays very dehumidified. Do I have any other solutions other then to try and get a smaller unit??

Unless your stat is defective, no.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Is it possible for the stat to be deffective???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast