Thread: Amana RCE36C2C

Post Likes

Question Amana RCE36C2C

I have a Amana RCE36C2C unit that was put in last year however I never had it completed. The company that put it in went out of business and never returned. My electrician recommended his brother who does HVAC work so I had him come by. On the thermostat he had to connect a jumper from the heat to the ac because there wasn't anything connected for the cooling side.I had him vacuum test the lines and all was well until he noticed that the low voltage wiring outside by the unit was not connected. There were 3 wires (red/white/yellow) and on the unit there is also 3 wires 2 black and 1 yellow. He did not understand this unit and started connecting the wires. I heard the compressor come on for like a second and stop and after that, only the fan worked. Did he blow anything out? He told me that I would need a hard start kit. Is this true? The following day I decided to check to make sure my heating unit still worked and that's when I noticed that the fan was not working either. I then noticed that on the system board over by the furnace there was a fuse 'E' that was blown out. I replaced it with another fuse of the same kind and solved that problem but the compressor still does not kick on(only the fan starts). Does any of this sound weird? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Post Likes
    Call an HVAC company, don't use a side jobber.

Those unit are not complex, so if he can't figure ouot how to wire it. You don't need him working on it.

Post Likes

Same title as before

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Call an HVAC company, don't use a side jobber.

Those unit are not complex, so if he can't figure ouot how to wire it. You don't need him working on it.
    I understand but I also need to know this for myself because there are a lot of crooks out there. Especially this time of season when they know that you are desperate for AC. If there is someone out there familiar with this unit. Can you explain it to me so I am a little more knowledgable when speaking to a tech?
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Since this is not a DIY site. You probably won't get any explanation how it completely works or gets wired.

Call a contractor and don't pay till it works.

Post Likes

Same title as before

It's not a matter of 'don't pay until it works' more like a matter of how much will I get ripped off for.

Thanks anyway.

Post Likes
    Interesting that a home owner with an out of production model unit with no information on the indoor coil would make a reference to his belief that there are a lot of crooks in the HVAC industry coming to a site that is most likely filled with those very HVAC crooks. What some people won't try.

Post Likes
    HVAC contractors(companies) that perform repairs and installs don't rip off cutomers.
    Some side jobbers do.
    Check BBB for reports.
    We don't discuss prices here either.

But, your bill will reflect how bad the original install is, and anything the electricians brother screwed up and burnt out.

Post Likes

Same ole title

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    HVAC contractors(companies) that perform repairs and installs don't rip off cutomers.
    Some side jobbers do.
    Check BBB for reports.
    We don't discuss prices here either.

But, your bill will reflect how bad the original install is, and anything the electricians brother screwed up and burnt out.
    No disrespect to 'beenthere' because he has obviously been there but without the homeowner having some knowledge about these units you will always have someone trying to make an 'EXTRA' and I emphasize 'EXTRA' buck like 'everythingair'. I can see that this site may be the wrong one for me and I apologize.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in