Tempurture sensors

There was a earlier post regarding tempature sensors, and I would like to know what are the pro's & cons to using them and also what type of t-stats allow the use of tempature sensor's ? What would be reasons for using them ?

Upper end WR, and Honeywell stats, can use them.
    You can remote mount the snesor in the hallway, and have the stat in the bedroom, or any other convient location that isn't good for temp sensing. Thermostat in the master bedroom keeps the kids from playinf with it.
    You can also use multiple remote sensors and so temp averaging to even out the house temp.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Upper end WR, and Honeywell stats, can use them.
    You can remote mount the snesor in the hallway, and have the stat in the bedroom, or any other convient location that isn't good for temp sensing. Thermostat in the master bedroom keeps the kids from playinf with it.
    You can also use multiple remote sensors and so temp averaging to even out the house temp.
    The ones I have seen (primarily Honeywell) I thought only averaged the remote sensors. Are there any stats that will not average, but allow individual sensing and allow up to four remotes that will monitor temp and humidity (don't need the base unit to read either)?

So I am guessing that the Infinity control can not run room sensors at all for temp readings ?