Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We havn't had any G-51 board failures. We have alot of them out there and they seem to be very reliable. What are they doing for you?
    Its a good Life!

Quote Originally Posted by m kilgore View Post
    We havn't had any G-51 board failures. We have alot of them out there and they seem to be very reliable. What are they doing for you?
    Working great

Lets cross our fingers!

I've changed so many of the newer G51 surelight boards its not funny. Everytime I go to the lennox warehouse there's a huge pile of returned boards. Hopefully their new-04 series has corrected all the other issues the previous 3 series have had.

i've installed plenty of g51 and have not seen any board failures.

Must be an installer

Ya our installer have put in tons of G51 as well and never seen a board failure. The reason they've never seen one is because us service guys are the ones going buy finding the problems. I have easily changed over 30 boards within the last 3 years. The 51 is not a quality product, the 61 and 71 are.

I also work for a lennox dealer, never changed a board. I have changed a few cold headers, recommended by lennox rep. I could not tell the difference between the old and new design. I own a G71 and the end user will defintly benefit with the variable capacity. I notice the floor by the supply vents is so much warmer, its like a radiant heat. The furnace is so quiet. I work service.

There biggest failure we have with these boards is that they will indicate that the pressure switch is closed b4 start up or that there is an issue with the ignitor. There are no issues with the pressure switch or the ignitor. Replace the board and the unit works. Im suprised that no one else has these issues. The other techs I talk to locally run in to this problem as well.

Therm58

Hey therm76, the cold headers you're talking about, look at the diameter of the tap that comes out. The new ones are wider at the back of the tap and have a rolled connection, thats the only difference I can see.

G51 problems

I have a G51 with a intermintent problen and I think it is the surelight board! please help me conferm.

The LED's would fast flash alternatly. I would shut the power off and then turn it back on and it would work. I had a furnace tech come out to my house it check it out. The Tech told me that it was probably one of the cards to he was not sure and the only way to trouble shoot it was to replace the cards and see if it fixed the problem. He told me that he could not do this under warrenty so I figured that I would just keep turning the power off and on when it quite working. This was about 2 years ago.

Now the problem is becomeing more fequent and sometime have to turn the power on and off, on and off, on and off or a long time sometimes half an hour, to get it to work. Sometime I hear a relay clicking on and off(sounds like a bad connection) The Board has a sticker on it with this information:

50A62-121-06
    97L4801
    150 0704
    Made in mexico
    156-5703

Does this sound like I need a new board or could it be something else? If It is the board Where do I get one? is there and different manufacture that made a comperable board that isnt a P.O.S..

If you dont think it is the board what else do you think it could be. I dont know a lot about gas furnaces but I believe the tach that told me he thinks it is the card was compitent?

Any idea what the cards cost?

Thanks
    Brent

It is warm now and I would like to get it fixed befor fall is hear and it is cold again. My heater is model number: G5IMP-36B-045-01 and Serial number is: 5803G37210.

Call the service company to come out when its not working.
    Its easier to find the problem when it is in a non functional state.

This is not a DIY site. So we can't help you trouble shoot it.
    Nor are we allowed to talk prices.

Please read site rules.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12