Is spaceguard 2200 an option here?

Is spaceguard 2200 an option here?

I am going to be getting a new system soon. Based on the picture of my current setup, does it look possible to install the spaceguard 2200? There are 2 returns on either side of the bottom box thingy.

So is there a good way to install a 5" filter? Or is that going to be a PITA?

Thanks in advance.

As far as installation goes, it shouldn't be a problem with some ductwork transitions. However, you do have to make sure your ductwork system can handle the pressure drop of a media air cleaner. Also, you have two return drops. How are you going to get both drops to to media filter? Some ductwork modification would need to be done, unless the media filter went above the return air box, which isn't uncommon if it will fit. I'd see what your installing dealer thinks, since they'll be doing the installation.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    As far as installation goes, it shouldn't be a problem with some ductwork transitions. However, you do have to make sure your ductwork system can handle the pressure drop of a media air cleaner. Also, you have two return drops. How are you going to get both drops to to media filter? Some ductwork modification would need to be done, unless the media filter went above the return air box, which isn't uncommon if it will fit. I'd see what your installing dealer thinks, since they'll be doing the installation.
    Anything can be done, and as stated it could be placed above the return box, also keep in mind that there are other types of aircleaners from different MFG. Depending on what brand of system is going in they may have an aircleainer from the same brand designd to fit the furnace with minor modifications meaning easier to install and saving you money, be sure to ask the contractor!