Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bestbuy View Post
    I wish I can get more quotes... the contractor already installed all vents scheduled installing furance by tomorrow... he keeps telling me that Ducane 13 seer is very reliable ......hope that is true!!
    www.DucaneHVAC.com

5 year parts warranty.

I would get the optional TXV (thermostatic expansion valve) for best cooling efficiency.

I would get the model number of the matching indoor coil that the contractor is providing. The model number of the matched coil is in the spec sheet for the 14 SEER, 5-ton condenser, in the link to Ducane's website.

Good luck.

the contract we sighed there is no model # ..the only thing we know is Ducane 5t that all

Quote Originally Posted by bestbuy View Post
    the contract we sighed there is no model # ..the only thing we know is Ducane 5t that all
    Rule #1: Never sign a contract that doesn't list model numbers, parts and labor warranties, or scope of work to be performed.

Good luck.

Ducane is an ok builder/entry level unit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Since it may be impractical at this stage to stop the work, your best bet is to keep an eye on them to be sure they do a quality job, let them complete the work, and then check over everything with a fine tooth comb. Make sure they supply you with all make, part/model numbers. Tell them you want all the installation guides, manuals, warranty info, certificates, etcs.

You can then contact Ducane to see if the coil installed is a recommended coil. Who knows but maybe Ducane doesn't wants to see their equipment mated to the wrong stuff either because it reflects badly on their product. If you have a mismatch, you may have a leg to stand on with the contractor in getting it corrected.

Seems to me like the contractor is going to put in what ever he wants without the homeowners input, I think that the homeowner should be demanding in that event that he get some kind of extended LABOR coverage that way he is protected for the full 5 years!!!

Quote Originally Posted by castillo7411 View Post
    Seems to me like the contractor is going to put in what ever he wants without the homeowners input, I think that the homeowner should be demanding in that event that he get some kind of extended LABOR coverage that way he is protected for the full 5 years!!!
    If he pays for it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12