Carrier part numbers for a new installation

Carrier part numbers for a new installation

Does Carrier change their part numbers frequently? I'm currently having a "new" system installed and when I do a search on Carries website, the part numbers do not come up. I did a Google search on the evaporator coil and got one hit, a website for Bargain, Surplus, and Obsolete parts.

Heater 58CTX090---13116

A/C Condenser 24APA748

Evaporator Coil CNPVT4821ACAABAA

Any idea what that is?

Is this a typical installation (taped heater to evaporator coil)? I would assume that there would be a gasket to seal the two assemblies together rather then tape.

Furnace is the Performance 80% (dual stage, no variable speed). The condenser model number you have wrong; it should be 24ANA748 or 24APA(3,4,5)48. The evaporator coil is a 21" 4-ton copper cased N-coil (I wish they had given you the tin-plated copper coil CNPVP4821ATA--see: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174327). Can you take a picture of the setup inside as a whole, as well as one of the outdoor unit (just for critique)?

Thanks for the info, the evaporator coil is going to be swapped out as the one that they installed is damaged. I found some info on the internet regarding evaporator coils leaking and Carriers fix is tin plating. I am going to request they swap in the tin plated version. I don't have any photos of the condenser, it has not been delivered yet.