Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    He hasn't been to a Carrier class on R410A then.

Its not the refrigerant compatibility, its the oil compatibility that could cause a problem.
    Thanks for the correction. I should have made that finer point.

Yes, the mineral oil in R-22 is not compatible. After a flush you would be testing for the presence of mineral oil.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgrosso View Post
    I have had three companies come out and all three were mediocre at best. Hell the last guy that came out seemed like he was high or something. He just could not focus.

If anyone can rec. a good company in the Phoenix area I would appreciate it.

The only problem I have right now in regard to buying a whole new system is cost. Hence why I am hoping something can be done with the current one to help the situation.

you want the best of both worlds don't you.
    You want to be comfortable but don't want to spend the money to be comfortable.
    I'd say the mismatch cheapo solution you used before is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by dac122 View Post
    Thanks for the correction. I should have made that finer point.

Yes, the mineral oil in R-22 is not compatible. After a flush you would be testing for the presence of mineral oil.
    You don't have to do that either.

POE oli has been used in refrigeration long before it was used in A/C.
    The same end of the world if the oil is mixed saying was going around.
    Turned out, its not completely true.

A small amount of MO can be mixed with POE, no harm done.
    Intentionally letting MO in the system will give you troubles. MO doesn't mix well with R410A. So it doesn't travel with it like oil should.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by m-cooling View Post
    [/U][/B]

you want the best of both worlds don't you.
    You want to be comfortable but don't want to spend the money to be comfortable.
    I'd say the mismatch cheapo solution you used before is the problem

Yes I do and your attitude is not necessary. I never said I dont WANT to spend the money. I said I DONT HAVE the money to spend and I was simply asking if there were any possible solutions that could better the situation without requiring the complete replacement of the entire system at a cost of $5-7k.

Basically as I have asked before is, if I replace the old air handler with a similar SEER rated and same brand unit as the compressor unit would it make any difference? A new air handler is a hell of a lot cheaper than a whole new system. I asked this question in hopes to get a straight forward answer from a group of individuals who know what the heck they are talking about as opposed to the lackeys I have dealt with from local HVAC companies here in Phoenix.

Yes I know if I replace the entire system with a 2.5 ton 19UL Trane model that my house will be colder than a penguins butt on a winter day. However I just do not have the money to implement such a solution.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123