+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Old Staefa

Post Likes

Old Staefa

Looking for a SM2 Service Tool for an old Smart II board system.Or the program for the laptop version that runs on Windows 95/98.Also any recommendations on replacing the front end for Web Access.

Post Likes
    You can put a Tridium AX or R2 Jace in with a Smart II driver. We do them all the time.

Post Likes
    Got an Email address?
    The service tools are hard to come by as Siemens does not sell or repair them anymore. But I do have the PC Tool program.

Zandman

Post Likes
    Zandman,
    Could you send me a copy too?
    only have one MS1800 site but could come in handy.
    I tried to get a service tool from old customer but was a no go.
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Thanks ,my e-mail is
    Last edited by beenthere; 01-21-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Removed email address

Post Likes

PC Tool

Zandman

Can you send it to me as well as we will be shortly servicing a staefa I think its MS2000

Post Likes

tidium AX

Good to know tidium can support it

What is the Staefa brick for and does the PC software get around it

Post Likes
    Along with the PC Tool for your laptop, you'll also need a Comm Port and a Staefa DB9 to RJ connector/cable. We used to get the connectors made at BlackBox for a lot cheaper, but I lost the pinout.
    Also, there's 2 flavors of Staefa DB9/RJ connectors. One is for the SM2 Card, the other is to connect to the NCRS (Node). Neither will work on the other.
    If you can't find the connector, I'll dig thru my books for it.
    jogas

Post Likes

PC tool option.

We took the PC tool program, put it on a USB stick with DOS, set the laptop to boot to the USB stick on start-up (but only when we want to run PC tool) and it works great. We use a Dell Latitude D610 and 620 because it has a serial port. And we make up our own cables. Since it runs in DOS and boots first it doesn't care what version of windows we have. Our Dell's run XP but we want to try it on a Vista machine just to make sure. But it should not be a problem.

You should have seen the office explode with excitement when it hooked up for the first time. For us it was a desperate shot in the dark and we are very pleased with the results.

Post Likes
    Stpfitter,
    Thanks for sending that! If you get a change could you look up the pin out for the PC tool cord? I looked I up in my training manual but it looks like it has been copied 400 times I can’t read pin numbers. I still have one to connect to the NCRS.

Thanks

Post Likes

Staefa Smart II software

Is it possible for me to get a copy of the PC Tool software and the pin out for the DB shell. i believe I have the cable but the PC tool bit the dust with a laptop HD crash

Thanks for the help.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bela View Post
    Is it possible for me to get a copy of the PC Tool software and the pin out for the DB shell. i believe I have the cable but the PC tool bit the dust with a laptop HD crash

Thanks for the help.
    You've got mail.
    jogas

Post Likes
    I'd be very interested in the pin out for PC tool as well. We have plenty of old staefa on campus, and my little project is seeing if a netbook with a DB9/usb dongle can replace a smart tool. I know it works with MS 1800 V 2.1 to connect to node or VPN to node, but if we can also get it to work with PC Tool to the card that would be awesome. I am much obliged for any help.

Post Likes

staefa smart 2 software tool

Quote Originally Posted by ebusch View Post
    Zandman,
    Could you send me a copy too?
    only have one MS1800 site but could come in handy.
    I tried to get a service tool from old customer but was a no go.
    Thanks

Could you send me a copy as well?
    I found this thread when searching for it and would highly appreciate it. Thanks very much.
    Last edited by beenthere; 01-21-2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Removed email address

Post Likes
    Zandman,
    Do you still have that Staefa/Siemens PC software available? I have a Smart II system that I can't get into. I've tried hyperterminal and can get some response, but that is just random characters and numbers.. can you help?
    Thanks, Dave

Post Likes
    Zandman,

I would also like to know the pinning and get a copy of PC tool if you still have it available. I found this thread while searching for it and the idea of putting it on a memory stick was a great idea. I'll definitely have to try that. My email is if you can send it it would be most appreciated. I have two buildings with extensive Staefa II work until Talon with Niagra AX is installed next year.

Post Likes

PC Tool

I can help with the PCtool software, but have yet to hit on the correct pinout. Mind you this is the tool for talking to one controller at a time, not the MS 1800 for talking to the system, although I believe that you can talk to a Field controller as well with this. I need help with the connection for sure.

Post Likes
    she-zams,

That would be great to get the software for speaking with one box at a time. The pinning is a sticking point for me too but at least with the software I can experiment until I actually connect with a controller.

Post Likes

PC Tools

Hi Jogas;

Could I have a copy of PC tools software as well?
    All:

I have a messed up old NCRS (v2) Operating system was erased due to battery failure on this controller. Now I cannot access to the controller Using MS2000 vision. I've found an hex file which I believe is the OS. Is it possible to load OS back to NCRS using the PC tool or MS2000 vision somehow?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Alpusm
    Last edited by beenthere; 01-21-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Removed email address

Post Likes

PC tool features?

Does the PC tool do anything extra or easier to use then the smartII tool. If it does I would like a copy. This year we are going to slowly replace our staefa w Andover. I really hate that my only way to learn what this system is doing is by going through printouts of blocks and piecing them together. Im a code guy not a block guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in