Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old Staefa

Old Staefa

Looking for a SM2 Service Tool for an old Smart II board system.Or the program for the laptop version that runs on Windows 95/98.Also any recommendations on replacing the front end for Web Access.

You can put a Tridium AX or R2 Jace in with a Smart II driver. We do them all the time.

Got an Email address?
    The service tools are hard to come by as Siemens does not sell or repair them anymore. But I do have the PC Tool program.

Zandman

Zandman,
    Could you send me a copy too?
    only have one MS1800 site but could come in handy.
    I tried to get a service tool from old customer but was a no go.
    Thanks

Thanks ,my e-mail is
    Last edited by beenthere; 01-21-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Removed email address

PC Tool

Zandman

Can you send it to me as well as we will be shortly servicing a staefa I think its MS2000

tidium AX

Good to know tidium can support it

What is the Staefa brick for and does the PC software get around it

Along with the PC Tool for your laptop, you'll also need a Comm Port and a Staefa DB9 to RJ connector/cable. We used to get the connectors made at BlackBox for a lot cheaper, but I lost the pinout.
    Also, there's 2 flavors of Staefa DB9/RJ connectors. One is for the SM2 Card, the other is to connect to the NCRS (Node). Neither will work on the other.
    If you can't find the connector, I'll dig thru my books for it.
    jogas

PC tool option.

We took the PC tool program, put it on a USB stick with DOS, set the laptop to boot to the USB stick on start-up (but only when we want to run PC tool) and it works great. We use a Dell Latitude D610 and 620 because it has a serial port. And we make up our own cables. Since it runs in DOS and boots first it doesn't care what version of windows we have. Our Dell's run XP but we want to try it on a Vista machine just to make sure. But it should not be a problem.

You should have seen the office explode with excitement when it hooked up for the first time. For us it was a desperate shot in the dark and we are very pleased with the results.

Stpfitter,
    Thanks for sending that! If you get a change could you look up the pin out for the PC tool cord? I looked I up in my training manual but it looks like it has been copied 400 times I can’t read pin numbers. I still have one to connect to the NCRS.

Thanks

Staefa Smart II software

Is it possible for me to get a copy of the PC Tool software and the pin out for the DB shell. i believe I have the cable but the PC tool bit the dust with a laptop HD crash

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bela View Post
    Is it possible for me to get a copy of the PC Tool software and the pin out for the DB shell. i believe I have the cable but the PC tool bit the dust with a laptop HD crash

Thanks for the help.
    You've got mail.
    jogas

I'd be very interested in the pin out for PC tool as well. We have plenty of old staefa on campus, and my little project is seeing if a netbook with a DB9/usb dongle can replace a smart tool. I know it works with MS 1800 V 2.1 to connect to node or VPN to node, but if we can also get it to work with PC Tool to the card that would be awesome. I am much obliged for any help.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast