Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old Staefa

Does anyone know if Staefa will work with windows 7?

You can simulate XP in Win 7.

I use MS1800 v21 in win7 pro all the time. Only issue i had was it locked up when trying to access the help file from within the program.
    You can only simulate XP if you have pro or ultimate ver.

Could you please send me the PC tool program you used for this success story. I am getting desperate here.

I need the DOS Version of PCTOOL. I think it's version 4.0. Does anyone on this thread have it and could you please send me a copy? I'm going to attempt to run it using DOSBox on a windows XP loaded Dell Latitude D630 with a little COM port trickery. If that goes well I'm going to attempt it on a windows 7 loaded laptop using a USB to Serial cable.

My site has two Staefa Smart II DDC controllers and the laptop I currently use to run PCTOOL 5.0 is on it's last leg. If it's any help to others this laptop is running windows XP and PCTOOL 5.0 with full success. PCTOOL 5.0 works fine on DELL computers model Latitude D620 and older but does not work on models after that. I can not get version 5.0 to work on DELL lattitude models D630 and newer.

Thanks in advance.

http://atkinsonelectronics.com/techC...ech-corner.asp will help. I actually use http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/ which is a Front end that makes dosbox easier. With running PCTool in DFend reloaded I am running it well on a Win 7 laptop with a USB to serial port.

I do have version 4 which works with DOSBOX and /or DFend reloaded. Can send it if I have an email to send it to.

I sent you a link. PC Tool is an executable so you have to use a file sending service.

As long as I am back in the thread - does anyone have the bad luck to have SMVUs and if so have you made PC Tool work with them? BTW I have PC Tool ver 4 currently up on a service and can send a few more out within the limits of my free account.

I got the files. Can't wait to try it tom. I've been at this for some time. Thanks so much for seeing and responding to my plea for help. Sorry I can't help you out in return, as my site does not use SMVUs.

Tom. I'll begin messing around with the DOSBOX and D-Fend reloaded. Do I drag DOSBOX into D-Fend? From there how do I start the PCTOOL software?

Again thanks so much.

Sorry. Got ahead of myself. I followed the two links you replied to me with. They cleared things up well for me.

Thanks so much she_zams. This all worked out great! We are one site out of 10 all over the US with two Staefa DDC controllers at each site. Now we can loosen our death grip we had on the old as dirt machines we were using at each site just to communicate using PCTOOL5.0. I can't believe a CPU Timing issue gets resolved with D-Fend Reloaded and DOSBox. :-)

Thanks again,
    JC

Quote Originally Posted by chuxta View Post
    Thanks so much she_zams. This all worked out great! We are one site out of 10 all over the US with two Staefa DDC controllers at each site. Now we can loosen our death grip we had on the old as dirt machines we were using at each site just to communicate using PCTOOL5.0. I can't believe a CPU Timing issue gets resolved with D-Fend Reloaded and DOSBox. :-)

Thanks again,
    JC
    You're welcome.Glad it worked for you. The tool actually works very well for tuning DDC loops etc, but if you used the other version of the PC Tool you know that, I guess. Hang onto it for sure - we have used Staefa SM2 drivers to integrate SM2 controllers with JACEs, and it is very handy to be able to tune loops, calibrate and make changes at the card level since you generally want the controller to function adequately even when if it can't talk to the JACE. Those SM2 cards are very sturdy beasts, and if you have many (we do) it is not feasible to do wholesale replacement.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast