Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old Staefa

Steafa PC Tool 4.0

Anyone able to email me the Staefa Smart 2 PC Tool 4.0 ?? I am in urgent need of it!

Thanks in advance.

Staefa PC Tool

Quote Originally Posted by vaultein View Post
    Anyone able to email me the Staefa Smart 2 PC Tool 4.0 ?? I am in urgent need of it!

Thanks in advance.
    I have gotten it working, and I can probably help you out, but I am not sure if I can zip it and email, or if I need to use a file upload service.

How large is the file?

Quote Originally Posted by vaultein View Post
    How large is the file?
    The file I have is about 30MB unzipped. It is running under dosbox with dfend reloaded which makes it possible to use win 7 machines and machines without a native serial port - it will allow you to use a USB to serial converter! You still need to cobble together the serial to rj converter - I have a crude but useful drawing - and have a straight through phone cable, but it will work on SM2. It will not work on SMVU or for trunk comm and I cannot speak to SM1 functionality.

do you have a way of zipping it and sending it via email? you should be able to send it once zipped.

It with DOS USB memory stick, USB memory stick laptop start at boot time, but only when we want to run PC tool and it works great.

Hello all,

Sorry if this is considered necro posting to this thread. I'm in desperate need of the ms 1800 software (version that supports windows 98 or higher). Our computer that manages the HVAC system in one of our buildings died last week and now our maintenance and grounds folks have no way to monitor or control the system. Tried already with no luck to copy the ms1800 folder (version 1.2 BTW) off of the machine that just died hoping to be able to rebuild but no joy. The rebuilt and the dead machines both run win98se. Receiving this error:

"Application Error
    Exception EVBXError in
    module MS1800.exe at 001D:02F1.
    Could not load 'MHAL200.VBX'."

Tried executing from both DOS and Windows 98se... Copied over all files from Windows\System folder that the program has asked for as well. Thoughts?

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

You'd need to put your email address in your profile if you want anyone to help you on this I think.

Also, have you tried contacting your local Staefa branch?
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Don't be a stupid dwarf. It's not big and it's not clever!

Sorry, thought my email would have been applied to my profile with the registration. I've corrected that now.

I work in the IT department, not the grounds/maintenance/custodial departments, so I wouldn't know if they've contacted anyone. I highly doubt it though since they've told me the company no longer exists.

Just want to thank She-Zams for the Staefa PC-Tool set-up. I had a little challenge finding RJ12 Connectors and a 9 pin female serial connector but finally located them at Micro-Center. They even have a DN9 to RJ12 adapter that you assemble and insert pins - wires on RJ12 are already connected. The only issue is bridging the two together.

I was getting desperate on locating this info. I really appreciate the support that a forum like this provides. I now have the confidence that if the customer is not able to provide the interface (as happened last trip) I will be able to make some headway.

Thanks again She-Zams!!!! You really do "ZAMS"!!!

There are many Staefa dealers around the country.

Oh! Could I get a copy of the PC Tool program too! Please!

you need to have e-mail address in profile.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast